Born For This

Hello to my lovely readers! How are you all doing? I am back with another one-shot. And it is another of one of my favorite ships. Drumroll please! It's......Jicheol! Woah! Shocker right? I've done a few of these already and I think the majority have been very angsty. Unfortunately for all of you, this one isn't any different. I'm sorry! I just love gritty Jicheol stories. Especially writing them! It is my favorite thing. So this is not a very long one-shot and that's because it's sort of an idea for a full length story I want to develop. I wanted to write this first and see what you all thought though before going all out and developing it into a full fledged story. I'm going to stop blabbering now and let the story speak for itself. Oh, wait, one last thing, there's a trigger warning because there's going to be violence, torture, kidnapping, etc. Please be careful if these are sensitive subjects for you. Okay, let's get on with the one-shot.

Seungcheol smirks as he slowly circles the man strapped to a metal chair. It's dark. The only light is coming from a window barred with metal poles. The sound of rushing water echoes loudly through the pipes that make up most of the basement. Along with the smell of mold and dried up blood and of course, a table filled with an assortment of shiny metal. He chuckles as his captive struggles for the nth time to free himself from the tight chains coiled around his boy. "How many times do I need to tell you?" Seungcheol sighs, "You aren't getting out of here no matter how hard you try. Your only hope is to start talking..."

"Screw you..." The man spat, bits of spit flying from his mouth and landing on Seungcheol's forehead. Seungcheol's expression darkens and the man tenses slightly as the already damp and dreary basement becomes colder than before. "You know...I went out of my way to be the one to come down and interrogate you," Seungcheol says smoothly, "I could have sent down one of my grunts...but instead...I...out of all people decided to come down here and torture all the information out of your slimy mouth. And this is the respect that you show me? Spitting on me like some slobbering mutt?" Seungcheol glares at the tied-up man, who shrinks in on himself and tries to avoid his eyes. He brings his face close to him, his breath heavy and making the man flinch once more. "S-sorry," The captive stutters.

"You should be..." Seungcheol murmurs as he stands properly again. He wipes at his head before resuming his pacing. "I hope this means that you will respectfully tell me everything I want to know," Seungcheol states. The man opens his mouth, appearing as he is going to talk, but closes it not a second later. Seungcheol tuts and sighs as he shakes his head. He bends down to loom over the captive again, placing his hand on the chair's armrest. "Are you sure?" Seungcheol hisses in a threatening tone. The man's hands start to quiver and his eyes fill with alarm. Seungcheol smirks, thinking that he has been able to trick the man with just a few threatening words. The man starts to open his mouth again, but is interrupted by the sound of a phone ringing. The man glances to Seungcheol's pocket where the light from his phone screen flashes. "Hey, hey, eyes up here," Seungcheol huffs, "Show me some respect. You look me in the eyes and you start talking." The man quickly meets Seungcheol's gaze and once more starts to speak, but stops suddenly. A random burst of courage flooding his veins as his gaze becomes steely. "No," The captive hisses.

"Bad decision, buddy," Seungcheol shakes his head, "But, if that's how you wanna play it...fine." He rises back up and begins to walk away from the chair. The captive lets out a sigh of relief that is quickly replaced by terror as Seungcheol suddenly whips back around. He charges at him and slams a tightened fist right at his face. The man's head snaps back and a crunch can be heard. The man howls in pain as blood spurts from his nose. "I can play the game," Seungcheol states.

As his captive whimpers, Seungcheol calmly walks over to the table and grabs a hammer. He spins it nonchalantly and opens his mouth to speak, only to be cut off by the ringing of his phone. Seungcheol rolls his eyes and takes the device out of his pocket. He quickly puts it on silent, not understanding why his people would bother him when they know he's busy. He rolls his shoulders back before striding back over to his captive. He waves the hammer in front of the man's eyes before tapping the end of it against his palm. "Are you ready to talk?" Seungcheol asks. He raises an eyebrow to look at the man, who doesn't make any action to answer. Seungcheol shrugs before raising the hammer and preparing to slam it on the man's hand before the door to the basement swings open. Two men dressed in black with face masks rush down the stairs and into the room. "Boss! We have a-," One of the men starts, only to be cut off by Seungcheol.