In Other Worlds

Hi. I decided to make a new kpop ship one-shot. This is another one of my favorites. JJP or Jinyoung and JB from Got7. I just love their dynamic and I think their relationship is the absolute sweetest. This one is going to be a bit confusing and it's going to be fairly short. The way I set it up makes it seem like there's more to the story. Which there is...you'll see what I mean. Let's get into it.

Jinyoung wakes up with a loud gasp. He breathes heavily as his head swivels back and forth. He slowly takes in his surroundings, not recognizing the room he's in. It's not his room. He's lays in a bed that's not his, blankets pulled close to him. Jinyoung throws the covers off of himself immediately and shoots to his feet. His heart is beating at a non-stop speed and his head spins. Jinyoung looks around frantically, trying to understand how he got here. What is going on? Jinyoung remembers going to bed in his own bed last night. How in the world did he end up here? Wherever here is. Jinyoung takes a deep breath, trying to calm down and think this all through. Once he relaxes a little, he tries to remember what exactly happened the night before. But, for some reason he can't. His memory is foggy. Something's not right. Where he is now doesn't feel right. It doesn't feel like he's actually here. It's like he's just walking around in a world that isn't his. It's like he's in a dream. Is he? Jinyoung braces himself and brings his fingers up to his arm. He quickly pinches himself and purses his lips in pain. Definitely not a dream. Then why did everything feel so off? He didn't have anything to drink last night. He's sure of that. It doesn't feel like he has a hangover. But, his head is a bit fuzzy. A bit off. Jinyoung blinks when he hears noises coming from outside. He frowns and slowly inches towards the door. He opens it just a crack and peeks outside. He sees a female in the kitchen and Jinyoung tenses. Who the hell is that? A million different scenarios flood Jinyoung's mind. He takes a step back and when he does his foot hits a side table he didn't notice before. He winces in pain and grasps at his foot in pain. "Ahn? Are you awake?" The female asks, hearing the noise. Jinyoung grits his teeth before slowly letting his foot fall to the floor. "Ahn? Did you hear me?" The female asks louder. Jinyoung tenses, realizing that the female has heard him. But, she thinks he's someone named Ahn. Jinyoung's brow furrows, why is that name so familiar? "Ahn! You better come out. I know you're awake. We need to get to the station early today. You were so excited last night," The female calls out, "Ahn! Are you ignoring me?!" Jinyoung shakes his head, not believing that he's in this situation. Why does this have to happen to him? Suddenly, the door to the room Jinyoung is hiding in, flies open. The female who opened the door stands in the doorway with her arms crossed. Jinyoung's eyes meet hers and he blinks a couple of times, appearing like a deer caught in the headlights. The female huffs and shakes her head. "Are you deaf, Ahn?" The female exclaims, "I've been calling you for a while now..."

"Y-yeeun?" Jinyoung stutters.

Yeeun shakes her head, "What is wrong with you? You've been sleeping too long. You're not in dreamland, Ahn. Who is Yeeun anyway?"

"Y-you..." Jinyoung says in disbelief.

"That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard come from you," Yeeun says, "It's Jaein. My name is Jaein." Jinyoung's eyes widen and it hits him like a lightning bolt. Jaein and Ahn. There's a reason those names seemed so familiar. It's the name of the characters in Jinyoung's drama. In He is Psychometric. But, why would Yeeun be calling him Ahn and why would she refer to herself as Jaein. Unless. Jinyoung rushes towards the door and pushes past 'Jaein'. He spins in a circle and surveys the room he's in. It's just like when they were shooting it. This is the apartment that Ahn and Jaein are supposed to move into. Difference is that the entire space is filled with personal items. It looks like they've been living here for a while. Jinyoung shakes his head, he really must be dreaming. This can't be possible. He can't be here. He rubs his eyes and tries to wake himself up. But no matter what he does, it won't work. "Ahn? You're worrying me. Are you alright?" Y-Jaein asks. Jinyoung lets out a nervous laugh. How is he going to explain this one? He can't exactly say that she isn't real and that his name is Jinyoung. She'll think he's nuts. Not that she doesn't already think he is. Jinyoung takes a deep breath, just act Jinyoung. You can do that. You can be Ahn. At least, until you've figured out what's going on. "Ah...I'm fine. My head's just feeling a little cloudy," Jinyoung explains. Jaein nods her head and walks over to him. She takes reaches up and gently places her hand on his forehead. Jinyoung tenses for a second before forcing himself to relax. In this world, Ahn and Jaein are a thing. He has to pretend. He has to. "You don't have a fever. Maybe, you've been overworking yourself. Have you been using your powers too much? I thought you were over this, but maybe not," Jaein says, "Maybe, I pushed you too hard yesterday. Maybe, you should take it easy for today. Rest a little."