Loving You is Easy

Hi Stays! I'm back with another Stray Kids romance one-shot. It is going to be centered around an underrated ship within this group which is Hyunchan (Hyunjin x Chan). This one is a continuation of my previous one-shot called Wear My Heart On My Sleeves. It isn't necessary to read the first one before reading this one, but it will go a bit more in depth exactly what Hyunjin was going through and why he is acting the way he is now with Chan. So, if you want, go check out that one-shot before and then come back to read this one! While planning this out, I couldn't decide whose perspective I wanted to write this story in, but in the end I decided to do something different so it will be in our lovely Channie's perspective. He is an absolute sweetheart and deserves a billion hugs, but that has nothing to do with this story and I'm just rambling as a hardcore Stay. Anyway, let's get into the story before I continue to fangirl.

Chan doesn't get love. He never has. Sure, he loves his parents and his family, but that isn't the type of love he is confused about. His mind can't wrap around the concept of romantic love. Hugging, kissing, those sorts of things. It's just weird to him. A foreign idea that he just can't process. His mom says that it is cause he is young. That his childish perception of love comes from his inexperience with it. Chan thinks that it is stupid. He's seen love. His parents are happily married. He has friends that have been dating for years. He's been exposed to love. It makes him happy to see others so infatuated with each other. He gets that his mom means that he won't truly understand love until he loves someone himself, but even that seems like a faraway thing. It's something that Chan has never seen as reachable or attainable for himself. That is until he gets closer to the boy who has always been his friend and realizes just how easy it is to fall in love.

———————————

When Chan walks into his studio, he doesn't expect to find Hyunjin there. He didn't expect to find Hyunjin there falling apart. The boy is a mess. His entire body shaking and tears covering every inch of his face. He can barely hold himself up properly. Chan doesn't even think when he goes to wrap his arms around the younger. Hyunjin is his friend. One of his oldest friends. Someone that he cares about deeply. Sweet, kind-hearted, loving Hyunjin. Why is he crying? Who made him this upset? Chan comforts the boy cause that's just the type of person he is. He hates seeing people close to him so broken. He can almost feel their pain as if it's his own. He knows he can't do much, but he's always found that a hug can do wonders. That's why he holds on even as Hyunjin hits him. That's why he tightens his hold as the boy struggles. He does it cause he knows. He knows that Hyunjin needs it. He knows that the boy needs someone right now and he is more than willing to be that person. He murmurs assurances to Hyunjin, who gives him vague answers on what exactly is wrong, but Chan assumes that someone hurt the boy. It upsets him. Who would do such a thing? Hyunjin always takes things to heart. He is very open with his emotions. It's a known fact. It isn't a bad thing, but it leaves him more susceptible to pain. Pain that clearly has been bottled up for way too long. The two remain like this for hours until Hyunjin just can't physically cry anymore. He lays limply in Chan's arms, his entire body numb and too exhausted to even move. His eyes are red-rimmed and his face blotchy. His head is pressed against Chan's chest and he sniffles every so often, his nose stuffed from all the crying. Chan runs a gentle hand through his friend's hair, glad that he has calmed down. Hyunjin stiffens a bit at the action, but is too tired to say anything about it. "Do you want to talk about it?" Chan asks.

"No," Hyunjin murmurs.

"Are you sure?" Chan questions tentatively.

"Yeah," Hyunjin says, "Just imagine it didn't happen..."

Chan frowns, "I can't do that, Jinnie."

"Don't call me that," Hyunjin states.

"What? Why?" Chan questions in a confused tone, "I've always called you that."