Protector

We are back with another one-shot! It's been a long while since I updated here. This one is for Taegi week on ARA. It's pretty much a platonic ship story, so that's why it's here instead of in my romance one-shots book. That's how I've chosen to separate my kpop themed one-shots as of now. The years are taken of of their current ages in real life. Anyway, let's get into it.

(Side Note: This is one of the one-shots that I have moved from my Kpop one-shot book as I consider it to be a bromance story=a sub-category to romance stories. If you recognize it, it's because you may have already read it before. Please give it love in this book as well)

This is the story of the Avatar.

No...not the blue people.

The benders of the four elements.

Each person is capable of bending one of the four elements, depending on which nation they originate from. Of these nations, there are the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, the Air Nomads, and the Fire Nation.

The Avatar is different from the rest of the benders. They have the ability to control and manipulate all four of the elements.

When the current one passes away, they go through the reincarnation cycle. The Avatar is born again each generation.

Throughout time, many incarnations of the Avatar have kept the four nations in harmony and maintain world peace and order. The Avatar also is a bridge between the physical world and the Spirit World, allowing him or her to solve problems that normal benders cannot.

This is the story of the Avatar...

Not of Aang.

Or Korra.

But a new Avatar.

One that hasn't had it easy.

But, has someone to help him out.

⊱⋅ ──────────── ⋅⊰

18 Years Ago

Taehyung grunts as he runs right into the tree. "Oof..." He says as his bottom collides with the ground. Suddenly, a shadow looms over the young boy. Taehyung stiffens and looks up. "Why are you running?" A hefty kid says loudly, "You're supposed to be powerful...that's what my Mama says. But, you're just a weirdo..."

"I'm not weird," Taehyung mutters, standing up slowly. The boy scoffs and pushes Taehyung on the chest. Taehyung stumbles backward and his back hits the tree. He winces a little. The boy scoffs, "You're not strong at all. I can't believe they think you're the Avatar. I'm stronger than you are. I've never seen you even use you're bender abilities. I bet that your parents just lied about you being the Avatar. They're just so ashamed that you're a non-bender." Taehyung frowns, not even that much bothered by the harsh words said about him. He is though, getting rather ticked off by the fact that the kid is accusing his parents of lying. "You're liar...not mommy or daddy..." Taehyung says with a huff.

The boy scoffs, "Yeah, right. If you're really the Avatar, how come you're not training? How come we haven't seen you use any of your bender abilities? I haven't even seen you bend Earth. We live in the earth nation and you can't even control your home's natural element. That's pathetic." Taehyung crosses his arms and gives the older boy a dirty look. "Why are you looking at me like that, weirdo?" The boy asks and kicks him hard at the knee. Taehyung gasps and his legs go out from under him. He cries out a little as he slides along the floor and his knees get skinned. As he hits the floor, he kicks up some dirt and it shoots onto the other boy's shoes. The boy scowls and rubs his shoe against Taehyung's shirt. "You're so annoying. Look at what you did, you weirdo..." The boy says, "What's your parents going to think? There's no way someone as clumsy and weak as you are the Avatar." Taehyung whimpers a little as a little bit of blood trickles down his knees. Taehyung pushes himself off the ground and stares at his scratched up knees. "Nothing to say?" The other boy taunts.