The Bat and The Cat

This one-shot has been recommended by midnightspade
I hope you enjoy!!!!!!

Selina sighed as she heard the police sirens. It would seem like she would be late to her own wedding. Bruce wasn't going to be happy.

-----------------------------------------------------

Bruce frowned as he looked at the clock. For some odd reason, no one had any idea where his wife to be was. He had hoped the wedding would go smoothly and without a hitch. That didn't seem like the case considering, Selina wasn't the only one missing. Almost all of the heroes were in their respective towns fighting their baddies. Bruce was shocked and glad that he has yet to be called by the Commissioner. Just as that thought crossed his mind, Dick came running up to Bruce along with his adoptive brothers. "Sorry Bruce. You might have to postpone the wedding. The Commissioner needs the Batman," Dick said quickly. Bruce silently nodded his head and ran to the Manor's study.  Bruce ran down the stairs and arrived in the Batcave. He began to change into his bat suit and grabbed his weapons. As he did this the Bat brothers were also preparing to go fight crime in Gotham. When Bruce finished getting ready he walked to the Batmobile, "I can handle this on my own. You should all stay here." As he said this the Batmobile closed and drove out of the cave. Leaving Dick, Jason, Tim, and Damian alone in the cave. As Bruce drove to the precinct he thought about the wedding. He should've known it wouldn't go off without a hitch. He didn't have any regrets about proposing to Selina. He loved her more then anything. He just wished that his other life didn't get in the way. Soon enough he arrived and he grappled to the roof. The Commissioner turned to look at him, "I'm sorry for calling you Batman. There isn't any real problem. Earlier this evening, we captured Catwoman. She refused to talk to anyone. Until a few minutes ago when she said she'd talk to Batman. So...we were hoping you could talk to her and figure out why she tried to steal the statue."

Batman nodded, "Give me a few minutes. I will get an answer soon enough. Leave me alone with her and turn off all cameras inside."

"But, Batman, we can't do.....fine" Gordon said. Batman already began walking to the cell Catwoman is being held in. When he arrived at the cell the guards began to unlock the door. When it was unlocked he entered and the guards left. Leaving Batman and Catwoman to speak with one another alone. "Hey, Bat," Catwoman said smirking.

"Cat," Batman said before removing his cowl. He walked over to Catwoman and removed her mask. Selina sighed and looked into the eyes of her fiance. His face showed anger, which she honestly expected. Bruce frowned and looked at his fiance. Her hands were chained together with handcuffs and she looked as she could care less about it. "Selina," Bruce said in an annoyed tone.

"Yes, Bruce," Selina replied. Bruce glared at her and she glared back. "This isn't some game Selina. We were supposed to get married an hour ago. But, instead we are at the police station because you stole something! What were you thinking? If you didn't want to get married you could've just said so. But, avoiding the wedding by getting yourself arrested was not necessary," Bruce spat out.

Selina sighed, "I didn't do this to avoid marrying you. I want to marry you."

"Then why did you steal something? You know you don't have to steal anymore. I have enough money for the both of us and any charities you want to donate to," Bruce said calmly. Selina sighed and looked at the floor. "Selina? Are you alright? Do you need a doctor? I could get a doctor here in an instant. Selina?" Bruce said walking over to her. He placed his hand on her cheek and gently kissed her forehead. "Hey, Selina. Answer me. You're starting to worry me," Bruce said concern leaking through his voice.

Selina rolled her eyes, "Stop acting like that. I hate it when you say I don't need to steal anymore. I hate it when you say you can get anything in an instant. I hate that you think I'm going to change." Bruce stood there shocked at her words.

"I am always going to steal. That isn't just going to stop when I get married to you. I'm not going to be by your side every time there is some important fancy event going on. I am going to go out and punch some people in the face. Maybe slit their throats. I'm not going to become some fancy lady who is married to the hottest bachelor in Gotham. I am always going to be the girl who was poor. I am always going to be the cat burglar. Nothing is going to change that," Selina spat

Bruce's face softened, "I would never want you to change. You don't have to be some rich lady. Just be you. I love the person you are now. I love the person that steals and grew up on the streets of Gotham. I wouldn't change a thing about you."

"I want you to know that this is the person I am. Even if I'm jumping into your world, I am still the person I have always been. I'm still going to be Catwoman. I am still going to steal gems and jewels even if I don't have to. I am not going to change. I need you to accept that," Selina replied.

Bruce nodded, "I don't want you to change Selina. You don't have to change for anyone. I promise. Be Catwoman. Be the same person you have always been. I accept that you are you and that will never change. I'm okay with that cause I don't want you to change. I just want you to be happy."

Selina smiles, "Thank you. For accepting me for who I am. For loving me no matter my demons. I feel the same way about you, you know. You don't ever have to give up being Batman. You can trust me with everything and anything. I couldn't be luckier to have someone like you in my life. I am sorry for stealing. But, you should know it will happen again."

"I'm grateful you accept who I am. With or without the cowl. I have no doubt you will steal again. And I think I'm the lucky one. Let's get out of here and back to our wedding. Don't worry about the commissioner. I will convince him to let you go," Bruce said before slipping back on his cowl and walking out of the cell.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you ready Mistress Selina?" Alfred asked offering his arm to her. Selina took his arm and he led her down the aisle. As they walked, the guests looked at the bride with smiles on their faces. Everyone was there, from Superman to Leslie Thompkins. Soon enough they had reached the alter. Alfred placed Selina's hands in Bruce's with a smile, "I have been waiting for this day since you were first born Mater Bruce." The soon-to-be married couple smiled at the old butler. They turned to face one another. "Bat." Selina whispered.

Bruce whispered back, "Cat. I love you."

"I know," Selina said smirking. Finally after the vows and rings were given, the two sealed their marriage with a kiss. 

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed! This is actually pretty bad. I tried my hardest. But, for some reason this is the best I could do. Anyway. I hope you liked it none the less. Please vote, comment any new ideas, add this story to your reading list, and follow me. Bye!!!!!