The Last

Hello! It's Valentine's Day, so of course I had to write a ship one-shot. I actually plan on posting multiple ship one-shots today, so be on the lookout for those. This one is Minjoon, one of my favs. It is based off of a Wong Fu Productions video called "The Last". If you don't know what Wong Fu Productions is, they're this amazing YouTube channel that makes great videos. You should definitely go check them out. I hope you all like this one-shot!

Namjoon lays in bed with his eyes open. He glances down at the sleeping form next to him. Jimin is curled up and leaning into Namjoon's chest. A smile breaks across Namjoon's face as he looks at his relaxed boyfriend. He tilts his head down and whispers into his ear, "I love you..." This action stirs Jimin from his sleep. He blinks a couple of times and smiles as he registers what Namjoon just said to him. His smile slowly turns into a frown. "Hey...," Jimin says in a quiet tone. He slowly rises from his laid down position. Namjoon looks at Jimin with worry before sitting up as well. "Is something wrong?" Namjoon asks.

Jimin shakes his head, "No, I just have a question."

"Okay, ask away," Namjoon replies.

Jimin pulls one of his knees to his chest and glances at Namjoon, "How many did you love before me?"

Namjoon looks at Jimin with surprise, "Love?" Jimin nods his head and pushes his hair back. Namjoon thinks for a few seconds before answering, "Five. I loved five people before you."

Jimin sighs, "What were their names?" Namjoon looks at Jimin with loving gaze. Jimin doesn't notice and just stares at his hands, waiting for Namjoon to answer. "WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, and WHY," Namjoon finally says.

Jimin looks Namjoon in the eyes, "Can you tell me about them?"

Namjoon nods his head slowly, "WHO I loved was a guy from college. We weren't really close. But, after a few bump ins and a couple superficial facts, I was head over heels for him. He was the perfect guy come to life. He was the dashing prince right out of a fairy tale. WHO, to me, became more than what he was in reality. He was a junior, popular, a fraternity boy." Jimin couldn't help but smile as Namjoon described WHO to him. Namjoon smiles, "Yeah...I was the starry eyed, infatuated freshman, but we got to spend time outside of class together. In those moments, it made me realize that he was kind-hearted and had a bright spirit. The issue was that every other guy or girl on campus saw the same thing. He turned me down nicely, but I swear there were times that I thought the good-looking fraternity boy might have had a thing for the nerdy freshman."

"WHAT I loved was an old friend. He was so much more than just a friend though. We met in college and stayed in contact years later. We saw each other grow and change. We stood by each other through multiple different relationships. I was his shoulder to lean on during a couple breakups. He saw many of my relationships come and go. Personality, humor, taste, it was all there. He and I were almost perfect," Namjoon explains. Jimin bites his lip, feeling unsure about Namjoon's retellings. "The only thing was that our timing was never perfect. We were never single when the other was. What we loved about each other wasn't enough to make us leave who we were with. We eventually had to face that and leave those feelings behind," Namjoon continues.

Namjoon seems to look off into nothing as he speaks, "WHEN I loved was my first boyfriend in high school. He was a combination of both love and youth. Young love is something that's special and impossible to replicate, because we can only be that age once. Our relationship was full of innocence and adventure and discovery. We were each other's first kiss. We used to ditch school and go see movies. We used to stay up late at night just to sneak out and meet up. All of that has become....a nostalgic love. It's in its own little bubble, in a place neither of us can touch. Even though we were just kids, I know that without a doubt, we were in love."

"WHERE I loved was a guy that I met in Seoul. I never planned on staying there long. I was only there for a six month internship, but it all changed when I met him. Soon enough, a year had passed and then another. I couldn't bring myself to leave the city. I couldn't leave him. Maybe, it was my desire to see the world or the fact that I was trying to prove something to my parents. But, he helped me achieve everything over there, with a relationship reflective of the city we were in. It was a new energy, a new experience, a new chance, new dreams, and new hopes. It pushed me to strive for more. It helped me see the world through a different pair of lenses. When people ask what city I love the most, I say Seoul. The city where I loved the most," Namjoon says.

Namjoon frowns as he describes the next person he loved, "WHY I love was a close friend that passed away. He never feared death. He was diagnosed young and knew that he would eventually die. He would always act like it didn't bother him. He would say that he had already accepted the fact that he wouldn't make it. Still, he was sad. Not about death, but the fact that he felt that he never really fell in love. He wanted to have the emotions of falling in love. The good and the bad. Of being hurt and of being held. After he passed, those words stuck with me the most. It taught me to see that being alive is a gift. It's one of the greatest gifts we have. It showed me that we had the ability to give, receive, and lose love. There are so many people like him, whose lives end before they even get a chance to experience it all. What a waste if we don't at least try to love in our lives...." Namjoon's eyes are watery as he speaks about his lost friend. Jimin wipes the tears away and gently rubs his thumb across Namjoon's cheek. Namjoon gives Jimin a thankful gaze and leans into his touch. Namjoon takes a deep breath, "He made me understand why. Why waste this life not loving?" Jimin lets out a breath and stares at the ground. Namjoon nudges Jimin's leg, trying to get him to look at him, "You were the sixth."

"The sixth....which one am I then?" Jimin questions, looking at Namjoon.

"You're none of them," Namjoon replies. Jimin gives Namjoon a confused look. "Joonie hyungie, what do you mean by that?" Jimin asks.

"Let me finish, Jiminie," Namjoon states, "You're none of them, because you're all of them." Jimin smiles and lets out a small giggle. "That's really cheesy, hyung," Jimin comments.

"But, it's true...," Namjoon leans closer to Jimin, "You're WHO I love. You're the idea man. The one on the high pedestal. You're the story book guy come to life and so much more. You are the fantasy and the make believe dreams that are actually true. You are WHAT I love. You know me more than I know myself. You know my most embarrassing moments and the inside jokes. You are my best friend. You're WHEN I love. Our love is young and vibrant and so beautiful. It's full of new things and exploits. Every day with you brings something new that I can't wait to experience. A new history is being made with you. We are the young lovers that we will one day reminisce about. You are WHERE I love. I would go anywhere or stay anywhere just so I can be with you. You make any place in the world seem like a grand castle. I would follow you to the ends of the Earth. I would go to where you are, no matter how bad it may be, because I love you. You are WHY I love. I never really understood what love was until I met you. I didn't really know what I was looking for until you came into my life. You've given love a new purpose. You've given my past and my future a meaning." Jimin smiles at his words and scoots a bit closer to Namjoon. "You're the sixth. You're the last," Namjoon states with a fond look on his face. Jimin smiles again and moves to wrap his arms around Namjoon. Namjoon breathes a sigh of elation when he feels Jimin's body against his. He gently presses a kiss to Jimin's temple. Jimin props himself up so he can whisper into Namjoon's ear, "I love you."

Namjoon nuzzles his face into Jimin's neck and replies, "I love you too."

Done! I hope that you enjoyed this. It is fluffy and sweet and just perfect for Valentine's Day. In my own head, I picked out each member of BTS to be WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, and WHY. I want to know who you think each of them were in the comments. I hope you all have an amazing rest of your day. Look for the rest of my one-shots, they will be posted sporadically throughout the day. Please comment, vote, follow me, and add this story to your library. Until next time, bye bye!!