Dreaming

Hi! I have another superhero ship for you all. It's Chalant (Robin x Zatanna) and was recommended by RobinZatanna and nightwing0202. It will be taking place in the Young Justice cartoon universe, but it will mention some other pieces of DC work. Zatanna and Dick are already in a relationship, so keep that in mind. It's going to be a bit cheesy and really fluffy. I hope that you enjoy it.

Zatanna hums as she turns in bed. Her eyes are partially open and she can see Dick laying beside her. Her boyfriend's eyes are wide open and have this mischievous glint in them that's never seemed to fade even as he got older. "What are you doing?" Zatanna asks in a quiet, sleepy voice.

"Watching you," Dick murmurs.

"Hm," Zatanna says, "Why?"

"Cause I can," Dick says. Zatanna laughs at that and shifts closer to Dick. She buries her head into his chest and lets out a content sigh. Dick wraps his arm around her and places a kiss to the top of her head. "I had a dream about you," Dick says.

"Did you now?" Zatanna says with intrigue.

Dick nods, "It was interesting..."

"Tell me more," Zatanna says.

"Well, it was another world. One where you and I didn't end up together," Dick states.

"That sounds like a nightmare to me," Zatanna jokes.

"I thought so at first too, but you see we were leading different lives," Dick says, "You with the Justice League Dark and me with the Titans."

"Justice League Dark?" Zatanna questions, "Titans?"

"Yeah, a magical version of the JL," Dick answers, "And kinda like the Team, but we're older and no longer sidekicks."

"We were never sidekicks," Zatanna states.

"You're right about that," Dick grins, "Anyway, in this world, you were with John Constantine."

"I've never heard that name in my entire life," Zatanna says.

"I'm glad," Dick smirks, "I wouldn't want to have to compete with him for your affections." Zatanna giggles at that and shakes her head. "You don't have to worry," Zatanna says, "Unless he has a nice accent, he doesn't have a shot with me."

"That sucks cause he did have a pretty nice British accent," Dick mocks in a totally horrific fake accent. Zatanna bursts into another fit of laughter that Dick is quick to join in on. After they have calmed down, Zatanna urges Dick to tell her more. "So...this other me," Zatanna says, "Am I happy?"

"Yeah," Dick says, "You are."

"What about you?" Zatanna asks, "Is there someone that I need to be jealous of?"

"Yeah," Dick says, "An alien named Kori."

"I'm seeing a pattern here. You have a thing for strong women, don't you?" Zatanna jests, poking at Dick's ribs, "That or red-heads...think I should dye my hair?"

Dick grins, "Guilty. And no...I like your hair just the way it is." He gently picks up a strand of her hair and runs it through his hand. "Tell me more about this other alien that has taken my spot in your dream," Zatanna says.

"We were a kinda will they, won't they couple," Dick says, "It worked out though...I think we had a kid together."

Zatanna scoffs, "Please...Bruce let you have a child with an alien."

"It was a dream," Dick insists.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Zatanna says, "You know this dream of yours is rather random."

"Definitely," Dick says, "I mean...it's a tad bit ridiculous to be honest. I can't imagine a world where it isn't you and me. Dick and Zee till the very end."

"I wouldn't want to live in that world," Zatanna says, "I would miss out on being with you and you're one of the best things in my life." Dick grins and tilts his head down to peck Zatanna on the lips. "I love you," Dick murmurs.

"I love you too," Zatanna says.

"You want to know what this dream taught me," Dick asks.

"Your dream taught you something?" Zatanna questions.

Dick nods, "It's made me even more thankful for the fact that this is the world I live in and I'm the one that gets to wake up beside you every morning." Zatanna smiles at his words before wrapping her arms around Dick's neck and leaning in for a kiss.

I hope you liked it. I think it was a cute little one-shot. Once again, this was recommended by RobinZatanna and nightwing0202.  If you wish to recommend another ship you think I should write, please do so in the comments. If you enjoyed this one-shot please vote, follow me, add this story to your library, and check out my Kpop One-shots. Until the next one, my lovely readers.