Wear My Heart on My Sleeves

Hello, I am back with another unrequited love one-shot. This is the last one with unrequited love that I have planned. It's a Hyunjin based and filled with Hyunjin ships. But, as you know it's unrequited love, so who knows how it'll end. I don't want to tease too much cause I feel like it would ruin the story. So, let's get into it.

His mother always warned him to be careful about boys. She said that he was a lot like her. He would fall in love too easily just as she had years ago. She didn't want him to go through the same pain she had before finally meeting the one. She made him promise that he would be wary. That even if he wore his heart on his sleeves, he would be cautious around others. Hyunjin had agreed back then, even though he had no idea what his mother was so worried about. Hyunjin knows that when he loves, he does it with his entire being. Once he's gotten attached to someone, he will never let them go. He never saw this as something to worry about though. It's never hurt him to be so open with his emotions. Until it did. And Hyunjin finally realized why his mom told him to be careful.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

Hyunjin grew up with the same group of friends since elementary. They had met on the playground and had clicked instantly. Even though they were different ages, they got along very well. Chan was the oldest of the group. He was in fifth grade at the time and a senior in high school now. He were like the group's dad or chaperone ensuring they wouldn't get into too much trouble. Chan was the dependable one, someone Hyunjin always could turn to in the time of need. Chan had a bunch of other friends his age, but he always spent time with their group even if they were underclassmen. Jisung and Felix were his age. In the same grade three class and struggling sophomores in high school. The two were like twin terrors at times, but Hyunjin knew that the three of them would be friends until the end of time. Jisung always made Hyunjin smile and Felix is the sweetest human-being he's ever met. The last of their group is Jeongin. The darling baby that Hyunjin had adopted as his own, much to the boy's chagrin. This group went through it all together. Hyunjin couldn't have happened to have a better group of friends. Of course, Hyunjin is friendly by nature and was close to basically the entire school. There was no one that Hyunjin didn't like and no one that didn't like him. The boy is sweet, kind, and just irrevocably nice. He's one of those people that you can't hate. He's too good to be disliked. Too good to even be real. Maybe it was the way he was so open with his emotions that made people like him so much. So, you can see why Hyunjin never thought it was an issue. Being so loving with the world. That changed when Hyunjin fell in love for the first time. The first time he crushed on a boy. When Hyunjin started dance class, he met another student that was a year older than him. His name was Minho and he had taken Hyunjin's breath away. He was just something else entirely. There was something in the way he moved that drew Hyunjin in. When he danced, his eyes burned with passion and he looked like a swan. There was something beautiful and ethereal about Minho that Hyunjin just adored. Hyunjin knew instantly that he was in love. He had gathered up the courage to approach Minho and when he did the boy flashed him a flirtatious smile. Hyunjin's heart had skipped a beat and he was sure then that the two of them would end up together. After that, the two would spend time together after class free styling or going over what they had learned that day. It was so much fun and Hyunjin enjoyed every second of it. He got to know Minho's personality and who he was as a person. Hyunjin loved the way Minho would coo over photos of his cats and he loved how much dedication the boy has for dance. Each day, Hyunjin was a tad bit more infatuated with him. And he thought that Minho felt the same. The boy would always have a smile on his face when watching Hyunjin dance. Minho would only ever help Hyunjin with moves he struggled with. He would always answer his late night texts and he would laugh at Hyunjin's jokes even if they sucked. It was obvious that Minho liked him too. It gave Hyunjin confidence to confess, which he plans on doing tonight. "Let's take a break," Minho says, stopping the music. Hyunjin nods before plopping on the floor and lying down on his back. Minho bends down to grab his water bottle and chugs some of it. "Hyung..." Hyunjin says from where he is lying down.