The Not So Planned Great Date

Happy Heart Day! I am here with my much more romantic Minjoon one-shot. If you didn't read my other one-shot of this ship for Valentine's Day, you should go check it out, but warning you now, it isn't a real joyous one. Anyway, back to this one-shot. It is a bit of a stereotypical story, but I tried my best to make it my own, so I hope that you enjoy it.

Namjoon is probably the unluckiest human being on the face of the Earth. He's clumsy, breaks everything he touches, and most importantly he can't ever seem to find himself a good guy. He's dabbled in dating since high school, but none of his relationships ever went anywhere. There was always some issue. Something that prevents Namjoon from living out a fairy-tale romance. That's the case for the relationship he's in now. His name is Jackson Wang. They were set up by a mutual friend and have only been together for a couple of months. He's a nice guy. Warm, kind, but very busy. Always busy. Namjoon rarely gets to talk to him. Their texts are short and his calls go directly to voicemail. He's had to reschedule their dates more times than he can count. He understands. Jackson is a national fencer. He has practice, endorsements and all that. He's an important person with important stuff to do. But, Namjoon just wishes that he could spare him some time. Just a little bit of time. Just for one day. Especially for today. Valentine's Day. The day of love that you spend with the person you love. It's supposed to be a special day for couples. Yet, Namjoon feels as if he's horribly single sitting in this fancy restaurant all by himself for little over an hour. He's been waiting ever so patiently for the arrival of his boyfriend. In the span of that time, the restaurant has been filled with other guests who have all ordered their meals and some even eating already. Couples at his left and right, who are holding hands across the table. One near the far window that had just gotten engaged. Everywhere he looked, there was a nice couple enjoying a Valentine's Day meal. And he's here sitting alone at a table made for two. Suddenly, Namjoon's phone starts ringing. His eyes shoot open and he digs into his pocket. He doesn't even check to see who the caller is as he answers the call. "Jackson?" Namjoon questions as soon as he brings his phone to his ear.

"He still isn't there?" Namjoon's younger brother Taehyung asks.

Namjoon sighs, "No..."

"Are you sitting in the restaurant by yourself?" Taehyung asks, "On Valentine's Day?"

"Yes," Namjoon huffs.

Taehyung tuts, "Stupid Jackson Wang. He couldn't even take a second to have a nice dinner with you. You two should be enjoying a nice meal together and instead you're waiting for that asshole."

"It's fine, Tae," Namjoon says.

"It isn't!" Taehyung exclaims, "You deserve better than that, hyung. I don't know why you're still dating him."

"He's a nice guy," Namjoon says.

"Yeah...but you never get to see him," Taehyung states.

"He's a busy guy," Namjoon says.

"No person should be so busy that they can't even spend a single night with their boyfriend," Taehyung says, "Jackson is a flake. You should just dump him."

Namjoon chuckles, "And go back to being single?"

"You're basically single already," Taehyung deadpans.

"Thanks..." Namjoon says in a dry tone.

"You know I'm right," Taehyung says, "There's no point in waiting around for him, Joonie hyung. If you want, I can set you up with one of my friends...I'm sure they'll treat you so much better than Jackson is."

"I know all your friends, Tae," Namjoon says.

"Not all of them!" Taehyung says excitedly, "There's this really cute boy in my photography class named Jungkook. I think the two of you would make an amazing-"