The Amazing Spider-Kook

It's Namkook month! That means I have to write a one-shot of this ship. It will take place in their real lives where they are Kpop idols, but of course it is all make believe and for fun. It's also going to tie in some superhero and comic book aspects that I think my superhero fic readers will enjoy. This is going to be a pretty long one, but I think it'll be fun and enjoyable. Let's go!

"If you would all follow me this way," A man in a white lab coat and metal frame glasses leads a group of suited individuals down the hall and into a lab area. There are other people inside garbed in similar lab coats sitting at tables filled with vials and microscopes. "Our prestigious researchers are hard at work daily working on new projects," The man says. He gravitates over to a woman, who is mixing some liquid using a clear rod. "This is Dr. Kim. She has been working on the perfect formula for the superhuman serum. The same one that was used to create the ever so popular Captain America," The man announces with pride. The group in suits don't seem very amused and eye Dr. Kim as she works with little interest. "Bradley? I have a question," A man with greying hairs and a red necktie says.

"Of course, Mr. Lee," Bradley says, "Ask away."

"All of this," Mr. Lee says, "Has any of it been tested?"

"Ah, not yet," Bradley says, "But, we hope to move on to human trials with your help."

"When you invited us all here, we were all rather intrigued," Mr. Lee says, "Correct?" He glances to his fellow investors who nod their heads. "Well, thank you very much sir," Bradley states, "We put a lot of effort into our work."

"I mean...who wouldn't be interested? You are working to turn humans into the very superheroes they've read about in comic books or watched in the movies," Mr. Lee continues.

"That is our end goal," Bradley says, pushing his glasses up on his face.

Mr. Lee nods, "Hm, there's only one issue that I have. I think everyone has. All of this is very nice, but it seems very....how do I put this....childish? As if you're experimenting with this childhood fantasy of becoming a superhero."

"I assure you that this is no such thing," Bradley says, clearing his throat, "We still have a long way to go and with your help we could take this project to the next level."

"Well, I along with my fellow investors are a bit skeptical," Mr. Lee states, "There is nothing here that proves it is worth investing money in." Bradley stiffens and his eyes flit around, glancing at the investors who all nod their heads in agreement. His breathing gets a bit harsher and he grips tightly to the clipboard in his hands. He flashes them a tight-lipped smile, "Well, um...maybe I can change your mind with this." He gestures for the investors to follow him to the back of the lab, which they all do a bit begrudgingly. He leads them towards a desk where there is a large glass case sitting on it. "This is our radioactive spider for the Spider-Man Project," Bradley says, "It was our first project when we completed at E.V.L. The only thing that is needed is for it to be tested on a human subject."

"Where is it?" Mr. Lee asks, bending down to eye the case. Bradley turns around and lifts his hand up to point at the spider. "It's right," Bradley says, "Oh...no..."

———————————

Jungkook lays on the couch within the Rkive, watching Namjoon work at his computer. It's late at night and he is waiting for his hyung to finish up before heading back to home. "You don't need to wait for me, JK," Namjoon says, glancing over his shoulder at the young man sprawled on his couch, "I may be a while."

"It's okay, hyung," Jungkook says, "I want to wait." Namjoon nods and returns his focus to his computer screen. Jungkook sighs as Namjoon bops his head up and down, tapping his finger against the table. The maknae smiles a bit, finding Namjoon's actions interesting. Anyone else would probably be bored out of their mind, but Jungkook likes watching his hyung work. There's something about Namjoon's dedication and the way he does things that draws Jungkook in like a moth to a flame. Or it's just the fact that Jungkook has a thing for Namjoon. He can't help but not be intrigued with everything about and what the leader does. He doesn't know exactly when it started, but he's always had some sort of attraction to his hyung. Of course, Namjoon hasn't the slightest clue of Jungkook's affections. The younger wants to keep it that way. It would make things worse for BTS if Namjoon didn't feel the same way and things would be extremely awkward. Jungkook is fine lining silently, he's done it for long enough and Namjoon still has no idea. He thinks he's pretty good at hiding it, some ARMY may disagree, but as long as Namjoon doesn't find out, he's good. "Ow!" Jungkook exclaims suddenly as he feels a sharp pinch on his arm. He glances down and frowns when he sees a weird looking spider sitting on him. He scowls and swats at it, sending it flying to the ground. Jungkook huffs and stares at his arm which is slowly turning red. "Hey, you okay?" Namjoon asks. He has turned all the way around and is eyeing Jungkook with worry. Jungkook looks back at Namjoon and flushes red, not having expected for him to have noticed. "Yeah, it was just a spider," Jungkook says.