Lost My Life

I am back with another one-shot. I've never done this ship, so I'm a little nervous about how this will turn out. I had this idea for a while and I'm finally getting around to writing it now. It came to me after watching the final Maze Runner movie. I've always been a big fan of Newt and Minho's relationship, so that's what this one-shot will be about. It will have some spoilers from the movie, so please know this before you read the one-shot. I did change somethings in order to fit the mood, so it's not a exactly how it went down in the movie. It won't be super lengthy, but it may be a tad bit emotional. Let's get into it.

Minho freezes when he sees Thomas hunched over a body. His back stiffens as he walks closer like a robot. He glances down at the face of the fallen person and his heart shatters. His world stops. Tears pour from his face instantly. "No...no....I just got back....you can't leave me...." He whispers. He struggles to keep his tears in and sucks in huge gulps of air. He knows it's chaos around him, but he doesn't register any of it. Right now it's just him and Newt. Him and his boyfriend. Him staring at the dead, motionless body of his boyfriend. Thomas looks in pain, as do the others. Minho shakes his head, it's not the same. It's pain. But, not like his. His pain is consuming. It's a rash. A plague. It's setting his body on fire and turning him to ash. His knees wobble as he steps closer to Newt. Minho squeezes his eyes shut, praying for this all to be a dream. But, when he opens his eyes, he's still here. Newt is not. "Why...I shouldn't have been you...why did it have to be you..." Minho mutters, "Kill me...why did you have to kill him. He didn't deserve this..." Minho wipes at the tears on his face and his knees give out. He falls down and crawls to Newt's side. He knows the others are staring, but he doesn't care. He knows they need to go, but Minho can't move. Not when Newt is sitting in front of him like this. Minho grabs onto Newts hand and squeezes it. He lets out a strangled cry as he thinks back to all the times Newt used to squeeze back. He stares at Newt's fingers. The ones that used to comb through his hair. He stares at his foggy eyes, the ones that used to sparkle with affection late at night. He stares at Newt's face. The one that would light up his whole world. The face that remains in the same still position. "Come back to me..." Minho whispers, "You can't leave me, Newt. We were supposed to get out together..." The young man breaks down even more pressing his face to Newt's body. His entire body shakes and tears blur his vision. Suddenly, there's a loud explosion that shakes the ground. To Minho, it's a distant noise. To the others, it's a sign to leave. The others start to run away and they call to Minho to do the same. But, Minho can't pull himself away. How could he just leave his boyfriend here? They don't understand. They don't know how Minho feels. How special Newt is...was to him. "I should've been here...my stupid shank ass got kidnapped. I should've been there for you....maybe this never would've happened," Minho exclaims in between strangled sobs. Minho shivers and pushes himself closer to Newt, hoping that maybe he could siphon off some of his life into the other. He would do anything to have Newt back. "Minho...dude, we need to go," Frypan says.

Minho shakes his head weakly, "I can't leave him..."

"We're all upset, Minho," Frypan states, "Newt was our friend."

"What you're feeling for Newt isn't even a fraction of what I'm feeling!!!! Newt's my best friend. My other half....my...my...." Minho chokes out.

"Your....oh jeez" Frypan murmurs, "Minho...I'm so sorry..."

"It feels like someone's ripped my heart out. Everything hurts. It's like a bubble surrounding me, but I can't pop it. It's like the pain is eating away at my skin, but I can't do anything to rub it away. It's like there's a gaping hole in my chest...." Minho shouts, "Newt!!!! Please.... please....don't leave me...come back to me.... please Newt..." There's another explosion and Frypan grimaces. He reaches over and gently pats Minho's back. "I know, I know. Minho...we need to go. I know you don't want to leave him, but we have to. I'm so sorry..." Frypan states. Minho shakes his head, clinging onto Newt, not willing to let him go. "Minho... please. Newt wouldn't want you to get hurt. He wouldn't want you to die," Frypan calls out.

Minho lets out a shaky breath, "It hurts so much...Fry...I don't think anything's ever hurt this much..."

"I know, buddy, I know. Please Minho. Let's go. For Newt," Frypan urges Minho again. Minho looks at Newt for another second before bring his hand to his lips. He presses a sweet kiss on it and slowly lowers Newt's hand. "Forever," Minho whispers. Slowly but surely, the young man stands up. He takes one more glance at Newt before clenching his hands into fists. Minho takes a deep breath before running. Frypan follows beside him, looking at him with a concerned look on his face. Minho's face is covered in tear tracks and their siblings continue to fall from his eyes.

———————————————

Minho stares at the night sky in silence. They group had all escaped and they were celebrating. The island is filled with chatter and cheers. Minho isn't in the mood to party. He sits by the fire with a lost look on his face. The pain hasn't gone away. It still ebbs away at Minho's being. Minho doesn't react as a figure moves to sit next to him. "Hey, are you okay?" Thomas asks. Minho shakes his head, but doesn't say anything else. "That was a stupid question. You just lost the love of your life and all..." Thomas mutters.

"Fry told you?" Minho asks.

Thomas nods, "I had no idea."

"We kept it a secret for that reason. We didn't want anyone to know..." Minho whispers before letting out a shaky breath, "It's weird having to refer to him and us in the past tense. Newt should be here. He should be right by my side. But...he's not..."

Thomas stares at the ground, "Minho...I'm so sorry. I'm the reason that he...."

"I don't blame you, Thomas. I saw how he looked. He asked you to, didn't he?" Minho says. Thomas nods his head slowly. "It wasn't your fault. Newt was just that kind of person. He would rather die than hurt any of us..." Minho says in a hollow tone, "He was too good. Fate didn't think we deserved him. She wanted him all to herself..."s

Thomas nods in agreement, "Newt was the best. He deserved to be here more than anyone."

"I wish he was here," Minho says, his voice cracking, signaling tears starting to form.

Thomas looks at Minho with worry, "Are you going to be okay?"

Minho stares at the fire, "I don't know. Right now....I feel empty. I feel nothing, but pain. I feel dead, Thomas. I feel like I died right beside Newt in that city. Newt may have been the one to actually die, but I lost my entire life tonight. I lost it all..."

Wow...that was something. I've had this idea for a while and it's taken me so long to actually write it out. It feels good to finally have it all written out. I've never written anything for this ship before, so it may be a little shaky. I still hope that you enjoyed it. If you did, please let me know down in comments what you think, vote, follow me, add this story to your library, and check out my BTS AU Night of Sin. Until next time. Bye!