Be a Little Selfish

Hello! I am back with another romance one-shot. It's been a while since I've done a non-Kpop ship. This one is going to be a LadyNoir fic. Which is Ladybug and Cat Noir from the cartoon Miraculous Ladybug. I don't even know why I watch this show, but the dynamic between these two characters are very intriguing to me. So, this one-shot was born from my annoyance over the fact that these two STILL don't know each other's identities. With that said, let's get into this one-shot.

Cat Noir and Ladybug sit on top of one of the rooftops of Paris, watching as the sun sets. Their day was rather mild. No bad guys. No akumas. No Hawk Moth. They had just finished going on patrol. They decided to take a break before calling it a night. The two spoke about random things. How their day has been, how they are feeling, how their real lives are going. They never went into too much detail with that last one. They're not allowed to after all. No one can know their secret identities. Not even each other. It's for the better of everyone. That's the way it has to be. It would be selfish for them to reveal their identities to even each other. They could be putting countless of people in danger. They wouldn't be the heroes they had pledged to be. And for that reason, they will never know each other's identities. They will always be Cat Noir and Ladybug to each other. Just like they are to everyone else. Of course, this whole idea of secret keeping from your own teammate, the one you should trust more than anything, did seem kind of ridiculous to the two. More so with Cat Noir than Ladybug, but the idea of revealing the truth has definitely crossed both of their minds more than once. It would be so easy to just unmask. So simple to just look at one another. It would be something that could be done without another thought. Just silly words uttered and the mask comes off. The identity is revealed and that's that. What happens from there is unknown. And for that reason they will never do this. They will never show each other who they really are. In fear of what will happen once they do. In the uncertainty that comes with what now. They would never. They can never. For the good of the future. For Paris. They must never know. "Do you ever wonder what it would be like if we didn't have to follow so many rules?" Cat Noir asks, "If we didn't have our own heroes' code or rule book or whatever..."

Ladybug's eyebrows furrow, "We would be vigilantes, not heroes. Where are you going with this Cat?"

"Ah...nowhere, my lady..." Cat Noir says, "I was just getting lost in my own thoughts." Ladybug looks to Cat Noir, who looks back with a curious expression. The female hero sighs, already understanding the thoughts running though her partner's head. This has become a sort of common occurrence recently. She has no idea why Cat Noir is so laser focused on her identity as of late. She can only guess it stems from his one-sided love for her. Ladybug sighs and Cat Noir flashes her a sorry smile. He knows right away that she knows. They've become so in sync. They can read each other better than anyone. It's no surprise Ladybug knows what he is thinking. "I have a feeling I know what you're trying to say," Ladybug states, "You know we have rules for a reason. We can't just do whatever we want. People depend on us. Our wants are supposed to be second to the people's needs. We can't just do what we wish because if we do there will be consequences. You really need to stop thinking about this Kitty..."

Cat Noir sighs and places his chin into his hands, "Can you blame me, bugaboo? I just want to see who you are. Who my partner is. We've been working together for a while and I feel like I know you. But I don't really."

"One, don't call me bugaboo. Two, it has to be that way. It needs to stay that way," Ladybug replies, "I'm sorry, Cat. We do know each other. We just don't know each other's faces...that's not everything. We know each other where it counts most. We know each other's personalities. We know each other's thoughts. We know each other's dreams. We don't need to know what we look like. Those are just surface things."