One Year, One Month, One Day

Okay...how many of you are actually surprised that this is a Minjoon one-shot. I came up with this little story when I got to thinking about how many years Minjoon are apart from one another in age. I mean I feel like people often forget, but they're only a year apart. Jimin is the hyung in the maknae line and Namjoon is the maknae in the hyung line. So, of course, I had to bring soulmates into this. I mean how could you not when these two are literally 1 year, 1 month, and 1 day apart. That's fate if you kicked it in the face. Now let's get into it!

P.S. I am not actually calculating the whole 1 year, 1 month, 1 day time changes.....so if they don't match up...please don't attack me

August, 11, 2008

Namjoon laughs as Jimin trails behind him. "Hyung....." Jimin groans a tad bit out of breath, "Slow down! You used to be slower than me! Why are you faster than me now!!!!?"

"I'm taller than you now...." Namjoon says in a singsong tone. Jimin huffs and runs a little faster. Namjoon slows down, carefully looking over his shoulder to see the younger boy approaching him. Jimin smirks as he comes up behind Namjoon. He jumps up and launches himself onto his friend's back. Namjoon lets out a groan as Jimin's weight hits him. Jimin laughs as he wraps his arms around Namjoon's neck. Namjoon sighs as he shifts a little, so Jimin is a little higher on top of him. He grabs onto his lower thighs, in order to ensure he doesn't fall. "You're heavy...." Namjoon mutters.

Jimin rolls his eyes, "It's payback for running away like that. C'mon Joonie...lift with your knees!" Namjoon groans, but continues to provide Jimin a piggyback ride. Jimin taps Namjoon's stomach gently with his toes. Namjoon frowns and looks to Jimin, "I'm not a horse...."

"You are now," Jimin says with a grin, "Go...." Namjoon sighs, but does what Jimin says. He walks slowly, not used to the extra weight. Jimin huffs, "Move faster...you're so slow...."

"Would you rather walk?" Namjoon asks between breaths.

Jimin sighs, "Fine...but I'm still asking for a refund...." Namjoon rolls his eyes, but can't help but smile at his younger friend's antics. Namjoon hobbles along the sidewalk until they reach a pretty empty boardwalk overlooking a small beach. It's rather surprising that there isn't anyone present, considering it is the middle of summer. The two boys don't mind though, it gives them time to hang out without being interrupted. Namjoon carries Jimin to a bench before plopping him down onto it. Jimin grumbles as he hits the hard wood of the bench, "Did you have to drop me so hard?"

"Do you always have to complain?" Namjoon fires back with a smirk, "I gave you a ride from your house to here. My back hurts...."

"Poor, poor Joonie...do you need a massage?" Jimin coos, "Are you feeling old?"

"I'm one year older than you...." Namjoon states, sitting beside the younger boy.

"Yes, but in 30 years from now, you'll be 50. While I'll still be the ripe age of 49," Jimin states.

Namjoon shakes his head, "Why do I put up with you?"

"Because...you love me..." Jimin says with a grin.

"Yeah...I guess I do," Namjoon huffs. The two fall into silence and they stare at the crashing waves. Neither of them speak and just enjoy each other's presence. Jimin breathes in the fresh air and smiles, "I wish you could be here all year round. School would be so much more bearable if you stayed in Busan..." Namjoon stiffens a little at Jimin's words, remembering something important that he had to tell the younger. Namjoon takes a deep breath, trying to muster up the courage. Jimin moves closer to Namjoon and carefully presses his face against his shoulder. Namjoon bites his lip before moving away from Jimin. Said boy looks at his elder with wide and confused eyes. "Jimin...I'm not coming back to Busan next summer...." Namjoon says.