Impressionism

Hello! I am back with another one-shot. This one is Vkook/Taekook. A BTS ship that I have not yet done. It's Taekook week on ARA and twicesunshine_ asked me to write a Vkook one-shot, so here it is. I hope that you enjoy it. 

Jungkook lets out a breath as he makes it into the classroom just as the bell rings. "Cutting it close, JK," Namjoon says, from his seat in the art room.

Jungkook sighs, "I know, hyung. I made it on time though."

Namjoon reaches out and grabs onto Jungkook's sleeve, "You should stop daydreaming and thinking about the right things to say to your seatmate."

Jungkook gets flustered, "I don't do that..."

"Yes, you do," Namjoon teases, "You think I don't notice my little brother having a crush..."

"It's not a crush!" Jungkook whispers urgently, "Don't talk so loud."

"Would you rather I call it infatuation? Or maybe a flame? All basically synonymous with crush," Namjoon continues. Jungkook's face turns red and he pulls his arm away from his hyung. He quickly makes his way to his desk and plops down. He puts his arms on the desk and buries his head in them. Namjoon watches the younger with amusement and shakes his head knowingly. Jungkook's seat mate, Kim Taehyung, gently pokes Jungkook. "Hey, are you alright?" He asks. Jungkook peeks up at Taehyung and his heart skips a beat. He nods frantically, before turning his head away from the boy next to him. He looked really handsome today and it made Jungkook flustered. Very flustered. Okay, so maybe he did have a tiny, itty, bity crush on Kim Taehyung. Not that Taehyung would ever find out. Cause in what world did Jeon Jungkook build up courage to ask his crush out. Jungkook is too shy to do something like that. Eventually, Jungkook sits back up as the art teacher starts to take attendance. The lesson drags on a little as their teacher introduces a new art style to the group. "Impressionism is different from the other styles we've learned before. I'm giving you an assignment that will be due next week and you may all start in class today. I want you to create an impressionist piece depicting a place that is close to your heart. You may use the rest of the class time to brainstorm any ideas. Work with your seatmates and help each other out," The teacher says. Jungkook's mind starts spinning. Questions flow into his head instantly. What am I going to draw? Is it going to look good? Am I going to have enough time!? Jungkook snaps out of it when Taehyung nudges him. Jungkook looks at his seat mate with surprise. Taehyung has a huge smile on his face, "I love impressionism. It's such an interesting art form. What are you going to draw, Jungkookie?"

Jungkook flushes because of the nickname and stutters out an answer, "I-I d-don't know yet..."

"I'm sure whatever you come up with will be amazing!" Taehyung says, "As long as it comes from the heart..."

"T-thanks..." Jungkook stutters again, a little bit embarrassed by how nice Taehyung is being.

"I think I'm going to do this little bridge near my home. I used to cross it with my parents every weekend when I was younger. It holds a lot of memories and I think I'll be able to depict it really well," Taehyung explains. Jungkook nods and stares at the notebook on his desk. What is he supposed to do? "You look stuck. Maybe, I can help you come with something," Taehyung says.

"Uh...sure...thanks," Jungkook mutters.

Taehyung smiles, "Just think of a place that means a lot to you. A place that may seem like nothing to someone else, but means everything to you. That's what you should draw. It'll look just as you see it. That's what's special about impressionism. It'll be like taking a photograph of your mind. We'll all see the place, the way you see it." Jungkook nods and hums a little, trying to follow Taehyung's advice. Suddenly a place pops up in Jungkook's head. "I think I got something. When I was younger, Namjoon hyung and I used to go to this abandoned merry go round. We used to pretend it was a time machine and it would take us to the future. I haven't been there in ages, but I remember always looking at it and believing full heartedly that it was magical."