Chapter 166

Chapter 166

ELI'S POV

I knocked on Sydney's front door and her dad answered.

"Eli?"

"Can I talk to Sydney?" I asked, trying to catch my breath.

"Of course, she's up in her room." He said. I thanked him and walked up the stairs. "Don't forget to leave the door open!" He called once I reached the top of the stairs.

"Yes sir!" I said, knocking on Sydney's door.

"Come in." I walked in and she raised her eyebrow, "Eli?"

"Sorry to come here unannounced."

"No, it's fine. What's up?"

"I just...I needed to get away from that house." I sighed.

"What's going on Eli?"

"I grounded for a week."

"What! Eli, I thought you were going to behave! We were supposed to go out this weekend!"

"I know! My stupid brother got me grounded!"

"It's always your brother!"

"It really is this time! Just stop yelling at me and listen! You're not making my mood any better Sydney."

"Fine." She sighed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"My brother skipped class today, I didn't. I told my parents that he skipped, because they asked and threatened to ground me. When we got up to our room, he started yelling at me, I yelled back and he punched me. We started fighting and our parents had to pull us apart. Eddie is now grounded for a month and a week and I'm grounded for a week for fighting."

"Did you tell your parents what happened?"

"I tried but my dad said he didn't want to hear it so I ran."

"Eli, you can't just run from your problems. It just makes things worse."

"I know but I just needed to get out of there before I murdered Eli or hit my dad or something. I don't know I'm just, ugh." I sighed, sitting on her bed. She crawled over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

"It's okay Eli." She said, kissing my cheek. "You can stay here for a bit."

"Thanks." I said, pulling out my phone. "Oh damn." I said. Four missed calls from my dad, five from my mom, ten texts from my dad and five from my mom.

Eli~ I'm fine. B back in a few hrs, need to cool off.

I sent the text to both of my parents before putting my phone away.

***

A few hours later, Hunter walked in. I had eaten dinner with Syndey and her family. I lied to Hunter and told them my parents knew I was here.

"Sydney, time for you to get to bed, and Eli, it's time for you to go home. Need me to drive you?"

"No, I can walk."

"Eli, it's dark. Let me drive you, it's no trouble."

"Seriously Hunter, it's fine. Thank you though."

"Okay, if you're sure. Just call me if you need a ride." He said. I thanked him and got off of Sydney's bed. I hugged her and kissed her before walking down the stairs and out of the house. 

I can't go home, not yet. I might suffocate Eddie in his sleep. I walked around for a bit before I reached my grandfather's house. I knocked on the door, waiting until he opened the door.

"Eli?"

"Can I stay here for the night?"

"Why aren't you at home?"

"I can't be there right now. Please just let me stay the night here."

"Okay, but you need to tell me everything. Does your dad know you're here?"

"No and you can't tell him! I don't want him coming after me."

"Ellio-"

"Promise." I said, holding out my pinky.

"I promise." He sighed, wrapping his pinky around mine. He let me in and led me to the living room. "Now, why in the hell are you walking around at eleven at night?"

"Eddie is a fucking asshole."

"Wow, okay. A little backstory please?"

"Well, I've been getting in trouble a lot. I've recently tried to stop getting in trouble because it was affecting my social life and relationship. Today, Eddie skipped class, but I didn't. I got home and my parents threatened to ground me if I didn't tell them the truth. So, I told them he skipped and they sent me up to my room so they could talk to Eddie. Eddie came up to my room and started yelling at me, calling me all these names. I yelled back and then he punched me. I punched back and we started fighting. My parents broke us apart and grounded both of us for a week. I freaked out because it wasn't my fault, my dad didn't want to hear my side of the story and I had planned a date for Syndey and I on Saturday. I'm afraid that if I go home, I'll kill Eddie in his sleep or something."

"Okay, do you need me to take you to school in the morning?"

"Yes please."

"Okay, just head on up to your dad's old room and sleep there. I'll get you some blankets and stuff." He said and I nodded. I walked up the stairs and he followed me. He put a sheet on the bed and handed me a blanket.

"Goodnight." He said, turning off the light.

"Goodnight, thank you."

"Anytime." He said and left.

ANDY'S POV

I went downstairs and grabbed my phone, going into the backyard and calling Brandon.

"Hello?"

"Brandon, hey."

"Oh my god, have you heard from Eli? He left a few hours ago and hasn't returned."

"He's here. He's upstairs asleep."

"I'm coming to get him."

"Brandon, wait-"

"I'm coming to get my son dad."

"Seriously Brandon, wait. Eli told me what happened tonight and I think when you see him after school tomorrow, you really need to let him explain what happened. He's really upset and as I therapist, I'd think you'd be able to see that."

"You're right." He sighed.

"I'll keep him here tonight, at least you know he's safe here. I'll take him by your place in the morning to grab his stuff and then I'll take him to school."

"Sounds good, thank you so much dad."

"No problem, I'm always glad to help."

'Thank you." He said again.

"Goodnight Brandon."

"Goodnight." He said and hung up.

*****************************************************************************************

Listening to If I Didn't Have You~ Randy Newman

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER