Chapter 12: I Laid The Gods To Rest

Chapter 12: I Laid The Gods To Rest 

BRANDON'S POV

"How's your hangover?" Alex chuckled as she walked in with medicine and water. I just groaned, swallowing the pills.

"Are the kids at school?"

"Yeah."

"I should probably get ready for work." I said, looking at the time and she nodded. She left so I could get ready. An hour later, I was ready and walked out of the room.

"Ooh, guess what." Alex said.

"What?"

"Chris asked Camryn out yesterday!" She said with a smile.

"What!" I exclaimed.

"Yup, our little girl has a boyfriend." Alex smiled, taking a sip of her drink.

"I'm going to have to talk to her when I get home."

"Brandon, you promised you wouldn't freak out." Alex said and I grumbled under my breath.

"I'll try." I sighed. "See you." I said, kissing her lips. "Love you."

"Love you too." She said as I left.

***

I was able to get off of work early so I decided to go talk to my dad before going home and talking to Camryn. To be honest, I was clueless and scared about Camryn having a boyfriend. I pulled into my dad's driveway and got out, walking up to the door. I knocked and my dad opened with a smile, pulling me in for a hug.

"Look at you, looking all nice." My dad laughed.

"Yeah, I got off work early." I shrugged. "I actually need to talk to you, do you think we could take a walk?"

"Yeah." He said goodbye to my mom before walking out of the house. We walked down the sidewalk a bit before he spoke.

"So, what's up?"

"Camryn has a boyfriend."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, it's some new kid that moved here from Florida and Camryn was his first friend. She's in most of his classes and they're partners on an english project. According to Alex, after Chris left our house, she fell on the ground screaming because this Chris kid asked her out."

"Well, Gabe was a new kid, remember?"

"Oh yeah. Anyway, I'm just scared. I mean, I obviously want to meet this kid. I have to talk to Camryn when I get home but, I don't know, I'm just scared. I don't want to freak out on her, you feel me?"

"Yeah, definitely don't freak out on her. Just sit her down and calmly talk to her. Tell her the ground rules that you and Alex agree on about her dating this boy and make it known to her that you have to meet him and you have to meet him soon. Maybe he should even meet her grandpa." My dad winked at me.

"No, you stay out of this for now." I laughed. "Besides, I'm sure you'll meet him at some point. He's probably going to come to band practice at one point or another. From the way Alex sees it, they're apparently going to be together for a while."

"Brandon, they're in eigth grade, those relationships don't usually last."

"Blade and Gabe started dating in seventh."

"Shh." My dad said with a laugh. We talked a bit more before coming back around to his house. I hugged him before getting into my car and driving home.