Chapter 7: Talk To Me

BRANDON'S POV

"Ughhhh!" I groaned, my head pounding as I woke up with the biggest headache ever.

"Having fun with your hangover?" Alex laughed, walking in with a glass of water and some pills.

"What happened?" I asked as I took the medicine.

"Well, you cleaned out your dad's alcohol cabinet." She said with a smirk.

"Damnit." I groaned.

"Your dad had to bring you over here and I had to lock you in the bedroom so I could talk to your dad."

"Fuck." I mumbled, throwing my head into my hands. "It's all coming back to me. I totally blew up at Camryn and I hit her! I hit our daughter Alex! Fuck, I'm a horrible father."

"No you're not Brandon."

"I hit our daughter!"

"Brandon, you're not a horrible father! You just care about your kids. If you didn't, you wouldn't of yelled at her!"

"Does she hate me?"

"Well, I wouldn't say she's particularly happy with you at the moment, but she doesn't hate you. She could never hate you Brandon. She's daddy's little girl, has been from the moment she took her first breath. She's had you wrapped around her little finger and that's never going to change. I think, once you're feeling a bit better, you should go talk to her. Your dad came over and had a talk with her and I think it really helped."

"Alright, I'll do that."

"There you go." She smiled, kissing my lips. "Are you hungry?"

"Starving."

"How about you come downstairs, the kids are having lunch." I nodded, standing up. I followed her down and sat down in my normal seat, resting my head in my hands.

"Having fun with your headache?" I could hear the smirk in Danielle's voice.

"Danielle, stop." Alex said as she placed her plate in front of me.

"Yeah, he might hit you." Camryn sneered.

"Camryn!" Alex scolded.

"Too bad someone already beat him to it." Danielle said, reffering to when Camryn hit her.

"Girls! Stop fighting!" I exclaimed, slamming my fist on the table, making them jump. "Now, eat your food." I said, glaring at them. They nodded and started to eat their food again. I sighed and started to eat my own food.

***

Once my headache went away a bit, I went to Camryn's room to talk to her. I knocked on the door, waiting for an answer.

"Who is it?"

"It's your dad. Can I come in? We really need to talk about what happened yesterday."

"I don't want to talk to you. You're just going to make me feel worse." She grumbled.

"Please Camryn. This is really important."

"No!" I sighed and opened her door, closing it behind me. "What are you doing in here!" She exclaimed.

"Camryn, I'm your father. I don't need to ask your permission to do anything. Anyway, can we please just talk this out?" I asked, sitting at the foot of her bed. She sighed and turned to me, looking at me.

"First of all, I'm sorry for yelling at you and for hitting you yesterday. I felt horrible as soon as I did it, which is why I ran off. I woke up this morning and again, bam, felt horrible."