Chapter 37: Ethan

Chapter 37: Ethan

BRANDON'S POV

"Brandon! I've got a surprise for you!" Alex called. I walked down the stairs, running my hands through my hair. I saw she was standing at the door with the kids and I raised my eyebrow. I got down and gasped when I saw Ethan.

"ETHAN!" I exclaimed, jumping into his arms, causing him to groan.

"Sometimes you're so gay Brandon." Ethan laughed, dropping me. I grabbed his shirt and brought him down with me. "Shit!" He exclaimed as he fell down on top of me. We wrestled for a bit, the girls just watching us. The twins jumped on top of us, giggling.

"Boys, you're going to get hurt." Alex siad, pulling them away from us. I hovered over him, breathing heavily. I smiled at him before jumping up, fixing my clothes. Ethan got up and we hugged.

"Joe! Katie!" I exclaimed, bending down and opening my arms. His kids ran into my arms, giggling and hugging me.

"Hi Brandon." They said. I stood up and hugged Lyrica.

"Hey Lyrica."

"Hey Brandon." She smiled as I let them walk in.

"Ethan, want a beer?" I asked him and he nodded. "Follow me." I said, heading over to the stairs and he followed me.

"Daaaad." Camryn groaned.

"I don't want to hear it." I said as Ethan and I walked up.

"Alex, take Camryn to the other room."

"Camryn, let's go." Alex said, pushing Camryn to the living room. Everyone else followed.

"What was that about?" Ethan asked.

"Major teenage drama going on in this house." I sighed, rolling my eyes. We walked into my room and I closed the door behind us. We had a mini fridge installed in our room that had a lock on it so only Alex and I had control of it.

"I found out Camryn has been stealing my beers and drinking them, and cutting. I found out Danielle has been starving herself and cutting herself as well. It's safe to say, I've been drinking a lot of these." I said, handing him one and cracking mine open.

"Damn Brandon. So not looking forward to that." He chuckled. Joe was ten and Katie was eight.

"I'm hoping it's just temporary." I said as we walked out and down the stairs. We walked out to the back porch and sat down on the swing. "Danielle didn't eat for like a week so she passed out and now she has therapy sessions with me. After she eats dinner, we have to sit with her in the living room for a few hours to make sure it stays in her stomach. I'm hoping things get easier soon."

"I hear ya, Joe acts like he's a fucking teenager. He already has the attitude and the rebellious attitude."

"Eleven more years until I don't have teenagers." I said, sighing. "They were so great when they were little, but now, it's just stressful. I love my kids, just not this stage in life."

"Same dude. I've tried explaining this to Lyrica but she just doesn't get it and makes me sound like the bad person."

"Oh I don't dare tell Alex. She'll twist my words and then her twisted words will get to the kids and, suddenly, I'm the most hated father on earth."

"I know man, I know."

"Oh, did I tell you Camryn has a boyfriend? A fucking boyfriend!"

"Holy shit! How old is she again?"

"Fourteen. It's this new kid that moved from Florida. Luckily, he needed a therapist so I volunteered. I can get to know the kid and kind of check him out, make sure he's the right guy for Camryn. So far, he's passing the test."

"Well that's good."

"I still keep an eye on them though when they're at my house. Unfourtanatley, at his house, I have no control so I'm very reluctant to let her go over there often."

"Man, I can't wait till Katie starts dating." He said sarcasticaly and sighed. "Time just goes by so fast."

"I know. If I could go back to them being like four or five, I would in an instant." We spent the next hour just sitting out there and talking before joining the girls and kids in the living room.

*****************************************************************************************

Sorry it sucked, kind of a filler

Listening to Somebody's Hero~ Jamie O'Neal

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER