Chapter 86: I'm My Own Person

DANIELLE'S POV

"I'll be back." Ember said, getting up from the table and walking out of the cafeteria. Skyler wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me onto his lap, letting out a small groan before smiling up at me and kissing my lips.

"You know what would look best on you? Loosing a bit of weight."

"W-What?"

"You're just a little heavy, loose a bit of weight and you'll be perfect."

"O-Okay." I said. Ember came back and I slid off of Skyler's lap, back into my seat. We talked until the end of lunch.

"Danielle! You still have half of your lucnh!" Ember exclaimed.

"Oh, I'm not hungry." I said, tossing my tray into the trash.

***

"Hey Danielle, how was school?" My mom asked as I walked into the house.

"Good." I said, going upstairs. I got under the covers and went to sleep, hoping they wouldn't make me eat dinner tonight.

***

"Danielle, dinner time." My mom said, shaking me awake.

"I don't feel good." I whined.

"Are you sick?"

"No, I just ate a big lunch and it made me feel really sick."

"Okay, I'll save some food for you, okay?"

"Okay." I said and she smiled, leaving my room. Throughout the night, she kept trying to get me to eat, eventually, I just tried my best to pretend to stay asleep and not wake up.

Eventually, everyone went to bed and I was starving. One thought crossed my mind of how I could get my mind off of hunger, but I tried to push it out. It stayed in my mind for about thirty minutes before I got out of bed and went to the bathroom, locking the door.

I grabbed my shaving razor and broke it open, grabbing one of the small blades. I looked at it and let out a sigh. Do I really want to start this habit again? After being so clean for so long? I looked at my old, fading scars and chewed on my lip.

I ran the blade across my wrist, over the old scars. I watched as that sweet red liquid flowed out of my wrist and the thoughts of hunger totally left my mind. Perfect.

I woke up the next morning and made a quick cut to push hunger out of my mind. I got ready and made a few more before going downstairs.

"Hey Danielle, do you want breakfast?"

"No, it's a nice day outside. I'm going to walk since I'm up a little earlier. I'll just eat an apple." I said, grabbing one from the bowl.

"Okay, have a good day sweetie." I nodded as I walked out of the house. I tossed the apple into the neighbors grass and walked to school.

***************************************************************************************

Sorry it's short.

Listening to Don't Fear The Reaper~ Pierce The Veil ------->

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER