Chapter 126

Chapter 126

CAMRYN'S POV

*A few months later*

We found out Colton does have Colic, but there's not much we can do. It'll go away in about a month and the doctor gave us some tips to help us and help Colton.

I've been out of work for twleve weeks so now I have to go back. We made a deal that my parents and Chris' parents will take turns watching Colton. My parents will do it for a week and then Chris' parents will do it for a week.

"I don't know if I'm ready to go back." I told Chris as I brushed my hair.

"I know, but Colton is in good hands. He'll be waiting for you when you get home. Just think, the money you bring in will help Colton have a better life."

"True." I said. "We should probably leave." I said and he agreed.

"I'll get Colton in the car." He said and walked to go get Colton. He walked out of the apartment and I grabbed the things I needed for work before walking out to the car. 

"I'm going to be late, I'll see you when I get home from work." Chris said, kissing my lips before getting in his car. I got in mine and drove to my parent's house. I unstrapped Colton's carrier and carried it up to the door with me. I knocked and my mom answered.

"Hey Camryn, ready for your first day back at work?"

"No." I said, walking into the house. I grabbed Colton from his carrier and held him close, kissing his forehead.

"I'm going to miss him so much."

"He'll be right here waiting for you when you get back." My mom said.

"You're right." I said, handing Colton to her. I handed her his bag and started telling her the things I felt that she needed to know.

"Camryn, I've taken care of four kids, I know. I'll be fine, Colton will be fine, you'll be fine. Just go to work."

"You're right. Bye." I said.

"Bye." She said. I rushed out to my car before I could change my mind.

***

"Camryn. Camryn. Camryn!" My boss yelled.

"What!" I jumped.

"You have a customer." He said.

"Oh, sorry about that." I said, paying attention to the customer in front of me. I haven't been able to stop thinking about Colton all day.

At the end of the day, when I was about to leave, my boss pulled me aside.

"Camryn, you were out of it all day today, what is up?"

"I had a little trouble with leaving my son this morning."

"Look, I know you're a new mother, but I'm not able to give you any more time off so I need you to get it together or I'm going to have to let you go."

"Yes sir." I said and walked out. I drove to my parent's house. I knocked on the door and my mom opened with a smile.

"He's sleeping, I'll get him." She said. I walked into the house and closed the door. She came back with Colton and handed him to me. "He was a perfect angel." She said, beginning to gather his stuff.

"Thank you so much for doing this mom."

"Any time." She said, handing me his bag. I strapped him into his carrier and turned back to face my mom. "How was work."

"Ugh, I couldn't focus. I might get fired if I don't start focusing."

"Just try, okay?" My mom said and I nodded.

"I will."

*********************************************************************************

Listening to Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)~ Hillsong United

IMPORTANT: So, I have no idea what is going to happen this coming week. My grandma has internal bleeding and is in the ICU and is getting worse. She's using 20% of her heart, and if she gets "better", she'll never be the same, she'll never come back to perfect health. She has congestive heart failure and her kidneys are failing.

On Friday, my family is driving a day and a half to California to go see her. We will be there until November 28th or 29th and then will head back to hopefully get home before school on Monday.

I will probably be taking my computer and I'll try to write as much as I can. Rumor is we might be getting a motel room so hopefully I'll get a chance to stay behind one day because I hate hospitals :p

So, that is what is going on and please bare with me if I update short chapters or something.

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER