Chapter 50: First Look For The Boys

BLADE'S POV

"I'm home!" Blake called.

"Blake, get in the car. We're taking you guys to my appointment." I said and he nodded, going out to the car. Gabe, Christian and I walked out as well, getting in the car.

"Mom, what's going to happen at your appointment?" Christian asked.

"Well, my doctor uses a camera to look inside my belly and we can see the baby on the screen. We get to hear the heartbeat and she basically just looks to see if the baby is okay, like growing correctly and things like that."

"Oh." He said. We got to the doctor's office and the boys went to sit down while I checked myself in. I sat down with them and held Gabe's hand as we waited. Blake and Christian played a multiplayer game on Blake's phone.

"Blade Jones."

"Come on boys." I said as Gabe and I stood up. The boys stood up and followed us down the hallway. I got onto the table while Gabe pulled up three chairs for him and the boys. I pulled up my shirt and smiled over at Gabe. I always get so giddy when I get to see my baby, I always have.

"Mom, when can I have a phone?" Christian whined.

"Next year. Just wait until summers over and we'll get you a phone." I said and he nodded.

"Blade, Gabe, nice to see you again." My doctor said, shaking our hands. "And who do we have here?" The doctor asked with a smile, looking over at the boys.

"These are our sons." Gabe said.

"I'm Blake.".

"And I'm Christian."

"Well, it's very nice to meet you two. They look a lot like you Gabe." She said as she sat down.

"I've been told." He chuckled.

"So, are you boys excited to have a new sibling?" She asked as she squeezed the gel onto my stomach.

"Yeah, I'm going to protect her." Christian said with a proud smile.

"That's my boy." Gabe smiled, ruffling Christian's hair. The doctor turned on the ultrasound machine and moved the wand around my stomach.

"There she is." She said, pointing to the screen.

"Ew." Christian and Blake said. 

"She looks like an alien." Christian said.

"Well, you guys both looked like that too." I said. "I promise she's going to come out looking like a human."

"Good." Christian said. 

"And here's the heartbeart." The doctor said, pressing a button and my daughter's heartbeat sounded through the room.

"Woah." Christian said with wide eyes. I loved how amazed he was by this.

"She looks perfectly healthy." The doctor smiled, printing out a picture and wiping off my stomach.

"Look boys." I said, handing them the picture and they both looked at it.

"That's Dakota?" Christian asked and I nodded.

"We still have your pictures too." Gabe smiled.

"I want to see them. I want to see if I really looked like an alien." Christian said, arms crossed over his chest.

"I promise you you did. We'll look at them when we get home, alright?"

"Okay."

"Awesome." I smiled, pulling my shirt down and walking out with the boys.

***********************************************************************************************

Listening to Livin' On A Prayer~ Bon Jovi -------->

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER