Chapter 6: You Broke Your Father

BRANDON'S POV

I pulled into the driveway and got out of my car, running to the door. I started to frantically bang on the door, sobbing loudly. My dad opened it and automatically wrapped me in his arms.

"Brandon?" I tried to speak but I couldn't get a word out through my blubbering. My dad just brought me inside and sat me on the couch. He held onto me until I calmed down a bit. "Brandon, what the hell is going on?"

"I'm a horrible father, I'm a failure!" I exclaimed, still crying.

"What? No you're not! Those kids love you and I know you love them! Now, what brought all this on?"

"C-Camryn's been cutting herself." I cried.

"WHAT!" I nodded.

"I don't know for how long but her arms were littered with scars dad. Old and new. I got so mad that I screamed at her and slapped her." My dad didn't say a word, just held onto me tighter. "I'm a failure dad, only a horrible parent let's this happen to their kid."

"So, you're saying I'm a horrible parent?" He asked, pulling back a bit and looking down at me.

"What? No! You were an amazing parent! I wish I was like you."

"Brandon, all three of my kids went through this."

"I-I'm aware. But this time, it's different. I know the warning signs dad. I deal with it all day, every day. I even went through it myself! She just didn't show any. God, I'm such a fuck up!" I sighed, putting my head into my hands.

"No you're not! She'll get over it, I promise. I'm going to go over there, do you wanna come?" I shook my head.

"I think it's better if I just stay here for a bit. Things got a bit heated between the two of us before I left." I said, picking my head up.

"Alright, be safe." He said, kissing my temple and standing up. "You're mom's at the cemetery so she should be gone for a few more hours."

"Alright, thanks dad." He nodded and grabbed his keys, walking out of the house. I sighed and laid down on the couch, wondering where I went wrong. Wondering what I could've done to prevent this.

I stood up and walked around the kitchen. I know my dad has some alcohol around here somewhere. I opened the final cupboard and smiled to see my dad's stash of wine, whiskey and more. I grabbed a bottle of Jack Daniels and sat on the kitchen floor, drinking it straight from the bottle. I smiled as the liquid traveled down my throat, comfort washing over me.

ANDY'S POV

I walked up to Brandon's door and knocked, Alex opening it.

"Oh, hi Andy. Do you know where Brandon went? He just up and left."

"Yeah, he came over to my house in hysterics. Can I talk to Camryn?" She nodded, letting me in.

"She's in the living room. I wanted to keep an eye on her until Brandon got back so he could talk to her." I nodded, walking into the living room. She looked over at me and groaned, throwing her head back. 

"My dad really sent you to talk to me? He's not man enough to talk to me about it? God, he's such a fucking coward." She growled, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Camryn, respect your father." Alex spoke up.

"Why should I? He had no reason to blow up at me like that, especially to lay his fucking hands on me!" She yelled.