Chapter 24: What Are You Doing

CAMRYN'S POV

At about one am, I snuck down the stairs to get another beer. I tip toed down the stairs and carefully walked into the kitchen, opening the fridge. I pulled out a beer can and closed the fridge.

"Hello there." I screamed, throwing the beer can and turning around. The light turned on to show my dad. He bent down and picked up the now busted beer can, examining it before looking at me.

"So, this is where all my beer has been going." Tears welled up in my eyes. "What the heck Camryn? You are fourteen! What made you think it's okay to drink beer!" He exclaimed. "Behind my freaking back too!"

"Woah, woah, woah. What's going on here?" My mom asked, running into the kitchen.

"I found out what's been happening to my beer." My dad growled, pointing at me. My mom gasped.

"Camryn!"

"Why?" My dad asked, throwing away the beer can.

"I'm stressed." I said quietly and my dad just laughed.

"Stressed? About what? You're in the eigth grade Camryn! Just wait until you get to high school or start having to pay bills yourself! Then come and talk to me about stress!"

"WOULD YOU RATHER ME CUT OR DRINK? HUH?" I yelled and he sighed.

"Can't you just find a non destructive way to solve your freaking problems?"

"Shh, don't wake the kids." My mom hissed.

"W-What's going on?" Danielle asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Danielle, did you know about your sister drinking?" My dad asked, not taking his eyes off of me.

"Y-Yes."

"Danielle, why didn't you tell us?" My mom asked.

"I-I promied I wouldn't." They both sighed.

"Danielle, go back up to bed." She nodded, turning around.

"Are you guys done?" My mom asked.

"You're really starting to piss me off Camryn." My dad hissed.

"That's it, I'm calling your dad." My mom sighed, picking up the phone.

"Wait. why?"

"Because I need them to watch the twins since you two are going to be at each other's throats for a while. And maybe, your dad can talk some sense into the both of you. Would you rather have my dad come and yell at you?" He shook his head. "Alright then." She said, putting the phone up to her ear.

"You're so difficult." My dad hissed.

"Why are you so concerned if I drink anyway. You didn't give two s***s when I came home drunk."

"That's different Camryn. I-I don't want you to turn out like me."

"W-What?"

"I don't want you to be an alcoholic like me." He sighed. "I'm an alcoholic Camryn. Whenever things get hard or I get too stressed, I drink. You saw me when I was upset about you cutting. I went to my dad's, he left me alone and I drank all of his alcohol. Whenever your mom and I would have problems, I would drink. Hell, I even kissed Ethan's wife, at the time girlfriend, because I was pissed off and drunk. It's because I started drinking when I was young, I don't want you to turn out like me."

"I don't have to listen to you." I sneered.

"Uh, yeah you do. I'm your father Camryn, and you're fourteen. Once you're eighteen, I don't care about what you do. But since you're not eighteen, I still have four more years to put you on the right path." I just rolled my eyes, sitting on the couch.