Chapter 43: Three Months

BLADE'S POV

"I have a really good feeling it's a girl." I said as I rubbed my swollen belly.

"So do I." He said, placing his hand on top of mine that was resting on my stomach. We had our three month appointment today so we were going to go find out the gender. I was excited and nervous, mostly because I really wanted a girl.

We had agreed not to tell the boys just yet. We wanted to find out the gender first so we could tell them exactly what they were getting. I'd been wearing a lot of baggy clothes and sweatshirts. Thank god it was winter so I could get away with hoodies and sweatpants.

Gabe parked and we walked in. Gabe went to go find us a seat while I checked myself in. I walked over to Gabe and sat down next to him.

"I think you should give Christian the talk." I said, rubbing his knee.

"I thought we were waiting until he went into sixth grade, like Blake?"

"Well, with the current circumstances, I think it's better if you talk to him before we tell them about the baby."

"I just hate doing it." He groaned. "It's so awkward."

"I know. Look, if we do have a girl, I'll give her the talk."

"Thank god!" He exclaimed and I chuckled, kissing his cheek.

"Blade Jones." The nurse called. We both stood up and followed her to a room. I got up on the table and pulled my shirt up.

"Hello Blade, Gabe, nice to see you again." My doctor said, walking in and shaking our hands. "So, let's take a look at your baby." She said, sitting down and squeezing the gel onto my stomach. Gabe grabbed my hand as the doctor put the wand on my stomach and started moving it around.

"There's your baby." She said, pointing at the screen. "And there's the heartbeat." She said as the heartbeat sounded throughout the room. "Would you like to know the gender?" She asked, looking at us.

"Yes please." We said and she looked back at the screen.

"It appears you guys are having a little girl! Congratulations." I screamed and covered my mouth, beginning to cry. The doctor wiped off my stomach and walked out of the room after handing us our picture. Gabe got up and hugged me tightly allowing me to sob into his shoulder.

"I can't believe it! I'm just so happy!" I sobbed as he rubbed my back.

"I know, me too. We finally get our little girl." He said, kissing my lips. We walked out to the car and got in, beginning to drive home.

"I want you to name her." Gabe said, patting my knee.

"What?"

"You really wanted this girl. You name her."

"Wow, okay, um." I said, starting to think. Five minutes later, I thought of the perfect name.

"What if we do a thing like my brother, where they went down the alpahbet naming their children. Alex, Brandon, Camryn, Danielle, Eli and Eddie. But, we only have B and C, Blake and Christian. So, what if her name started with a D? Dakota Melissa." I smiled.

"I like it. Dakota Melissa Jones." He smiled. "That's perfect Blade. Little Dakota."

***

"I'M HOME!" Christian called.

"Go." I said, pushing Gabe off the couch. Gabe grumbled under his breath and walked over to Christian.

"Come on Christian, we need to have a talk." Gabe said, starting to walk up the stairs with Christian.

"Am I in trouble?" He asked with a worried voice.

"No you're not, don't worry. We just need to have a father and son talk." Gabe said.

***

"So fucking awkward." Gabe grumbled as he sat back down next to me.

"Hey, at least it's over with."

"True."

"And, you don't have to do it again."

"Thank god!" He exclaimed and I smiled, kissing his lips.

****************************************************************************************

How do you like the name?

Listening to S&M~ Rihanna

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER.