Chapter 28: Telling Chris

CAMRYN'S POV

*The Next Day*

"Hey Camryn." Chris said as he walked up to me.

"I'll leave you two alone." Hannah said, walking off.

"Hi." I said, turning to my locker.

"What's up?"

"N-Nothing."

"Camryn, are you alright?" I sighed and looked at him with tear filled eyes. "Camryn, what's wrong?" He asked, dropping his stuff and wrapping his arms around me.

"C-Can I come over after school?"

"I'll ask my mom, is everything okay?" He asked, pulling out his phone.

"Y-Y-No."

"I-Is it about us. D-Did I do something wrong?"

"No, nononono. I-It's me. I promise I'm not breaking up with you. I-I just really need to talk to you about something that's bothering me."

"Alright." He said and kissed my lips.

***

"Hi Mrs. Longworth." I smilde as I climbed into his mom's car.

"Hi Camryn." She said with a smile, looking at me through the rearview mirror. We made it to Chris' house and went up to his room.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" He asked, closing his door.

"I-I need help."

"What?"

"I have a problem."

"What do you mean Camryn?" He asked, sitting down next to me. I began to cry, causing Chris to wrap his arms around me. "What's wrong baby?"

"I-I'm a horrible person and a horrible influence and I need help."

"Woah, woah, woah, what? Just calm down and tell me what the hell is going on!"

"For the last month, I've been stealing my dad's beers and drinking them. I got drunk at a party on my birthday. I haven't drank in a few days because my parents removed the alcohol from the house. So, that's all okay now."

"Okay, what else is bothering you."

"P-Please don't hate me."

"Why would I hate you?" I sighed and took off my bracelets, showing him my arms. "Camryn!" he gasped, running his fingers from my newest scars to my oldest.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed.

"Camryn, baby! I would never hate you over this." He said, hugging me.

"I-I stopped for a while, b-but I relapsed a-and...I caused my sister to cut. Chris, I really need help. I need to stop."

"H-How did you cause your sis-"

"She misses the old Camryn, the one who didn't drink and cut. I really need to stop Chris."

"I'll help you every step of the way. Do you have any blades at your house?" I shook my head.

"Hannah made me throw them out."

"Okay, good. Now, I want you to call me if you ever feel like cutting, got it? Even if it's four am."

"Got it."

"Awesome." he smiled, kissing my forehead. "C-Can I tell you something?"

"Of course." He sighed and flipped his arms over, showing me the old, faded scars. "C-Chris."

"I know what you're going through Camryn." He said quietly.

"But-but-"

"That's why we moved out here. I told my ex girlfriend...everything. She spread it to the whole school. I was teased for months until it finally got so bad that my parents found me, tying a rope inside of my closet. I told them everything and we moved." He shrugged.

"I will never betray you." I said, gripping his face in my hands.

"I hope not. I don't think I could ever bare if you did." I leaned up and softly kissed his lips. I pulled away after a bit, hugging him.

"My parents have been trying to get me therapy out here. All the therapists I've seen, have just made me feel worse about myself."

"This might be a little awkward, but I could get my dad to take you in as a patient. He's really good at what he does."

"I think that'd be nice." He said with a smile.

"Awesome." Suddenly, there was a knock at his door.

"Yes?" Chris asked.

"Can I come in?" His mom asked.

"Yeah." His mom opened the door.

"Camryn,do you want to stay for dinner?"

"Sure."

"Alright, dinner will be ready in thirty minutes." His mom said, leaving with a smile.

"I love you so much Chris."

"I love you too Camryn."

*****************************************************************************************

Listening to Numb~ Linkin Park

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER