Chapter 60: Taking It Easy

BRANDON'S POV

*One Week Later*

A few days later, my dad was released from the hospital. It's been about a week since he's been home and I've really been wanting to get over there and see how he's doing and help them out around the house. I've just been way too busy at work but I finally got a little bit of a break. I called Alex to let her know I would be home late.

"Hello?" Alex answered.

"Hey Alex, I'm just going to stop by my parent's house and check up on them, maybe do a few things for them so I'll be home a bit late. Don't wait for me for dinner. I'll grab something on the way home."

"Alright, thanks for calling, love you."

"Love you." I said and hung up. I pulled into my parent's driveway and turned off the car, getting out.

My dad's heart attack was an eye opener for me. I realized that my parents are getting old and I feel like I haven't spent enough time with them. Sure, I'm only a few mintues away but I'm so busy with work and the kids and Alex. Once they're gone, they're gone and I don't have them anymore.

I walked up to the door and knocked. The door opened and my mom smiled when she saw me.

"Brandon! What a surprise!" She exclaimed, pulling me in for a hug.

"Hey mom, how're you doing?"

"I'm good, come in." She said, stepping aside and letting me in.

"How's dad?"

"He's fine, he's still resting. The doctor told him to take it easy so that's what he's doing." She sia,d leading me to the living room.

"Good." I said as I saw my dad on the couch. "Hey dad."

"Hey Brandon." He said, holding out his arms. I walked over nad hugged him.

"I just wanted to come check on you guys, see how you're doing."

"Oh, we're doing fine Brandon, you don't have to worry about us. You didn't have to come all the way over here, why arn't you at home having dinner with your family."

"Missing one dinner won't hurt me. I can pick up something on the way home. Besides, your neighborhood is on my way home from work."

"That's why you're dressed so nice." My dad said and I nodded.

"Exactly."

"Well, there's no need for you to stop somewhere. You can have dinner here."

"Mom, you don't need to make me food."

"Sit down." She said and I sighed, sitting down next to my dad as my mom went into the kitchen.

"Mom seriously, I don't want you to go to the trouble."

"We just finished dinner, I can just warm some up for you."

"Well, thanks." I said, looking around. "It's always so nostalgic when I come over here. Just a lot of memories come back."

"Well I hope good ones." My dad laughed.

"Yeah, good ones. I try to push a lot of the bad out of my head." I said as my mom handed me a plate. "Thanks." I said, starting to eat.

"So, how was work?" My mom asked, sitting in a chair.

"Uhh, better I guess. I've been swamped lately with work, having to take it home. I would've come and visited you guys sooner if it wasn't for work."

"Oh Brandon, you don't have to come visit us." My dad said.

"I don't have to but I want to." I said, finishing my plat.

"Do you want more?" My mom asked.

"No I'm fine, where do you want me to put it?" I asked, getting up.

"I'll take care of it." She said, standing up.

"No mom, I'll do your dishes for you."

"Brandon are you sure?"

"Yes mom." I said, putting my plate in the sink and starting to wash all of the dishes in the sink. I put them into the dishwasher and started the dishwasher, walking back into the living room.

"Do you need me to do anything else?"

"Brandon, we're fine." My dad said.

"No, I want to help you guys out. I'm here, I might as well. What do you need help with? Need something cleaned? What?"

"The only thing we need done is dusting and you can't do that." My mom said.

"Yeah Brandon, go home to your family. We love you and thank you for offering." My dad said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Brandon." My mom said.

"Alright, I love you guys." I said, hugging them.

"We love you too Brandon." My mom said, getting up and walking me to the door.

"Just call me if you need anything, okay?" I said as I walked out of the door.

"Okay." She said, standing in the doorway as I walked to my car. I waved to her before getting in and driving home.

"I'M HOME!" I called.

"DADDY!" The boys screamed as they ran down the stairs and attatched themselves to my legs.

"Hey boys." I said, ruffling their hair. I bent down and they let go. I hugged them and kissed their foreheads. "How was school."

"Awesome." They said before running back upstairs.

"Hey babe." Alex smiled, hugging me and kissing my lips.

"Hey." I said, kissing her back.

"What'd you do at your parents?"

"They fed me and then I did their dishes. Which reminds me." I said, pulling my phone from my pocket and texting Bailey.

Brandon~ Hey, can u go over 2 mom and dads tomorrow and dust for them? I was trying 2 help out 2nite and they said they needed help dusting but I can't do it.

Bad Ass Bitch~ Will do :)

I put my phone back into my pocket and went upstairs to change.

********************************************************************************************

Listening to Two Worlds~ Tarzan

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER