Chapter 39: Texas

Chapter 39: Texas

BRANDON'S POV

We were leaving for the airport after the girls got home from school and this job offer is all I've been able to think about for the past week. I haven't told anybody except for Alex and the kids. I told Camryn and Danielle they could tell their friends but no one else. The boys on the other hand, had to keep it  secret.

I decided to visit my dad to just tell him we were leaving for the weekend. I pulled into his driveway and turned off the car, getting out and walking up to the door. I knocked, chewing on the inside of my cheek.

"Hey Brandon!" My dad exclaimed, hugging me.

"Hey dad, can we take a walk?"

"Of course! I'll be back Harley!" He called, closing the door behind him. We walked away from the house and I was trying to figure out what to say.

"So, what's up?"

"I just wanted to let you know that we're going out of town for the weekend. The kids, Alex and myself."

"Why?" I sighed and chewed on my lip.

"I-I don't know if I want to tell you." I admitted.

"Why not? I'm your dad, you can tell me anything!"

"Promise not to tell anybody? Not even mom!" He sighed.

"Fine."

"Last week, I got a job offer in Austin, Texas. We're flying out for the weekend to check out the house and the practice and everything."

"Are you actually going to do it?"

"I'm thinking about it." I shrugged. "I feel like the girls need a change of scenery."

"Well, I'll support you in whatever you decide to do?" I nodded.

"Thanks dad. I mean, I really liked Texas when we vacationed out there. But, our life is in LA, our kids' lives have always been in LA. Our family, everything. Also, I really don't want to leave you and mom. I mean, mom doesn't have many years left and I don't want to miss out on the last few years of her life."

"Well, what did the guy offer you?"

"A huge house, two nice cars and triple my salary."

"It sounds nice." I nodded.

"I'll make sure to show you pictures of the house. I'm just at a crossroad. It's all I've been thinking about for the past week."

"Make whatever decision is best for your family Brandon. I'll be here to support you. An increase in salary could really help you guys."

"I know. Luckily, I have a bit to think about it." We talked a bit more before we came back to the house and I got in my car and drove away.

CAMRYN'S POV

"Hey Camryn." Chris said as he walked up to me.

"H-Hey." I said, turning to face him. "I-I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" He asked, a worried look on his face.

"I-I might be moving."

"W-Where?"

"My dad got a job offer in Austin, Texas." He wrapped me in a hug.

"Texas?" I just nodded, closing my eyes so I wouldn't cry. "That's so far."