Chapter 8: Attack

Chapter 8: Attack

BRANDON'S POV

"Hey." I smiled at Alex, wrapping my arms around her waist. I leaned forward and started to kiss her neck as she made breakfast.

"Brandon, the kids."

"Come on, they're still upstairs, I just want a kiss!" I whined, turning her around and pinning her to the counter. She giggled and stood on her toes, pecking my lips. I held onto the kiss for a bit longer, gripping her hips. She wrappped her arms around my neck and tangled her fingers in my hair, pulling on it a bit.

"Gross." I heard Camryn say. "I came down here to eat breakfast, not to throw it up." Alex pushed me away, making me pout. She smirked and turned back to the stove.

"You're going to love someone someday." Alex said as I took my spot at the table.

"Hey! Not until I'm dead." I laughed and Camryn playfully glared at me.

"Daaaad." She whined.

"Fine, thirty." She just kept glaring and I continued to laugh.

***

I shot up in the middle of the night, clasping my thoat. I started to cough, shaking Alex a bit. She groaned but quickly sat up when she heard me coughing. She wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my back.

"Are you having an attack?" I nodded, gripping the bed sheets. "Do you need your inhaler?" I shook my head.

"Won't. Help."

"Okay, I'll call 911." She said, reaching for the phone and dialing the three numbers. I just sat there, coughing while she rubbed my back.  The ambulance finally got here and Alex kissed my cheek, telling me she would be at the hospital soon as they loaded me onto a gurney and carried me down the stairs.

ALEX'S POV

Once they had carried Brandon out of the house, I ran into Camryn's room to see her sitting up in bed.

"Mom, what's going on."

"Your dad had to be taken to the hospital, I'll explain later, just get dressed and get in the car. And hurry." She nodded and stood up, going over to her closet. I closed the door, having Danielle run up to me.

"Mom, I saw an ambulance outside, what happened?"

"It's nothing, go get dressed because we need to get to the hospital."

"Mom, if there was an ambulance, it's obviously not nothing."

"I'll explain later, just go get dressed!" She nodded and went back into her room. I walked into the twins' room and picked them up, carrying them down the stairs. I grabbed the keys and went out to the car. I strapped the twins into their seats, turning the car on. Camryn and Danielle ran out, jumping into the car.

I ran back into the house and grabbed my phone, locking the front door before running back to the car. I got into the driver's seat and called Andy as I pulled out of the driveway. It took a few calls before he finally answered.

"What is it?"

"Andy, I need you to get to the hospital, Brandon had another attack. I need you to help watch the kids."

"Fuck, we'll be right there."

"Thanks." I said and hung up, tossing my phone into the next seat.

"Mom. What's going on?" Camryn asked. I looked back and saw the twins were still asleep. Both of the girls were looking at me worry on their face.

"It's nothing, really. Your dad just had to be taken to the hospital."