Chapter 18: Hail The King Of Death

Chapter 18: Hail The King Of Death

BRANDON'S POV

"I'M HOME!" I called, walking in the door.

"DADDY!" The twins yelled, running down the stairs.

"Hey boys." I said with a smile, bending down so they could jumps into my arms. I lifted them up, hugged them tight, kissed both of their foreheads before setting them back down.

"How was school?" I asked.

"Great!"

"Where are your sisters?"

"Their rooms." I smiled and let them run back upstairs, almost knocking Alex down who was coming down.

"Hey." I smiled, pulling her to me and kissing her lips.

"Brandon, we need to talk. In private." She said, lowering her voice.

"Umm alright." She grabbed my hand and led me up the stairs and into our bedroom. She closed the door and locked it, beginning to pace around the room.

"What's up?" I asked, sitting down on the bed. She looked over at me with a scared but serious look.

"I-I might be pregnant."

"WHAT!"

"Shhh." She said, glaring at me.

"You can't be pregnant! We can't afford it! What makes you think that?" I whisper yelled.

"I'm just having a lot of the symptoms, alright. Tired all the time, throwing up." She trailed off, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Did you take a test?"

"I bought one but I was waiting for you to get home to take it."

"Well go take it!" I exclaimed.

"Alright, alright." She said, going into the bathroom and locking the door.

"I'll be right back." I said before leaving the room. I went downstairs and grabbed a beer out of the fridge. I went back up and sat on the bed, right as Alex waked out. "Do you know what's happening to all my beer? It keeps dissapearing and I don't know where it's going." I said, taking a sip.

"I don't know what's happening to your damn beer. Maybe you're drinking it all." She snapped, sitting on the bed next to me and laying on my chest.

"Woah, why are you so nervous about this?"

"I don't know Brandon, why do you th- better yet, why are you nervous about this."

"We can't afford another baby Alex. What if we have twins again! We don't have the space and we don't have the money! We don't have the time, we can't have another baby!"

"I'm just really scared Brandon. I don't want another baby, I thought we were done after the twins. There's already too much stress in this house, I don't think I'll be able to handle five kids. Especially with Camryn in her rebellious stage now, it's all too much." I was about to speak again but the timer dinged, signalling the five minutes was up.

Alex took a deep breath and walked into the bathroom. Suddenly, I heard her collapse as she began to sob. I ran into the bathroom and wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close to my body. I took a quick peek at the test on the counter and I swear my heart stopped. It said positive. I pulled Alex closer to my body, rubbing her back.

"Oh my God." I said quietly.

"I-I need to call the doctor." Alex said after she calmed down a bit, breaking free from my grip and picking up the phone.

"Well, the tests arn't always correct, right?"

"That's the thing Brandon. I felt this exact same way the other four times I was pregnant."

"Oh my God." I said again, falling to the ground and putting my head in my hands as Alex made an appointment with her doctor.

*************************************************************************************

Sorry for short chapter again but I wanted to drag this out into a few chapters, make this sort of like a cliffhanger so bear with me.

Oooooh, do you think Alex is really pregnant? Are they freaking out over nothing?

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!