Chapter 125

Chapter 125

CAMRYN'S POV

"Chris!" I said, walking out to the living room.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"I have to go to the store, do you think you can watch Colton for an hour or two?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Thanks, you're amazing." I said, kissing his lips. I walked into the bedroom and quickly got dressed in sweatpants and a baggy tee shirt. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and slid on some shoes. I went over a list of things Chris needed to know before he interupted me.

"I've got it, don't worry. Just go, shop." He said, opening the door and pushing me out of the apartment.

"Okay, just call me or my mom or your mom if you need help, okay?"

"Camryn, I've got it. I'll be fine."

"I love you." I said, kissing him before rushing down the stairs.

CHRIS' POV

I closed the door and sat back down on the couch.

"I can do this, I can do this." I told myself. All of a sudden, Colton started crying and I sighed. "I can't do this." I said, standing up and walking into my room. I picked Colton up and held him close.

"What's wrong buddy?" I asked, trying to figure out what was wrong. I'm not a horrible parent, I'm just not as good as Camryn. I figured out that his diaper was full so I took him into the nursery, changed his diaper and rocked him back to sleep. I layed him back in his bassinet and walked out.

"I can do this," I said.

***

I was wrong. I can't do this. Camryn's only been gone for thirty minutes and Colton has been crying for the last twenty. I've tried changing him, feeding him, rocking him, playing with him, cheering him up, nothing.

I finally gave up and grabbed my phone, calling Alex.

"Hello?"

"Camryn isn't home and Colton's crying and I don't know why and-"

"Chris, calm down, I'll be right over." She said.

"Thank you." I said and she hung up. I sat on the couch with Colton, still attempting to calm him down. Alex knocked about ten minutes later.

"Come in!" I called. Alex walked in and closed the door behind her.

"Where's Camryn?" She asked, taking Colton from my arms.

"I'm watching him so she can go grocery shopping."

"What have you tried?"

"Feeding, changing his diaper, playing with him, rocking him, everything!"

"Why didn't you just call Camryn?"

"I don't want her to think I can't take care of a baby for an hour."

"Well, I think we should call her Chris. She may know what's going on." She said and I sighed.

"Fine." I said, grabbing the phone. I dialed Camryn's number and put the phone up to my ear.

"Is everything okay?" She asked as she picked up.

"I need you to come home, I need help."

"Okay, I'll be right there." She said and hung up. She came rushing in ten minutes later, by then Colton had stopped crying and was asleep.

"What's going on? Where's my baby?" Camryn freaked as she ran in. "Mom?"

"Chris." Alex said, looking at me.

"Colton was crying and he wouldn't stop. I-I didn't know what to do and I tried everything so I called your mom, hoping I wouldn't have to let you know I can't take care of our son for an hour but about five minutes ago, he stopped and I got him back to sleep. God, I'm a horrible father." I ranted, putting my head into my hands.

"Chris, you are far from a horrible father. A horrible father would be someone who runs off when they find out that they got their girlfriend pregnant at eighteen. Sure, we had a rough patch when we first brought Colton home, but we go through it and we will get through this." Camryn said, hugging me and kissing my cheek.

"Chris, you're not a horrible father, you're a new father." Alex said and I chuckled. "So Camryn, do you have any idea what's been going on?"

"He's been like this since a day after Chris started working. So, only, a few days, but it's just like you described. Starts crying, right around this time, and then stops and is normal again."

"Sounds like it could be Colic." Alex suggested. "I was talking to my friend, years ago, and she was telling me how her baby had Colic. It's just like you described. I would suggest making an appointment, figuring out if that's really what it is, and then figure out what you can do."

"Thanks mom." Camryn smiled, hugging her mom before looking at me. "Are you okay now? Now that you know it's not your fault?"

"Yeah." I said and she smiled, kissing my cheek.

"Anyway, I'm going to go home, call me if you need anything else." Alex said, hugging both of us before leaving.

"Do you think you could bring in the groceries and then finish the shopping? You look like you need a break."

"Yeah." I said, getting up and grabbing the keys, walking out of the apartment.

*************************************************************************************

Listening to If I Die Young~ The Band Perry and If You're Reading This~ Tim McGraw ------>

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER