XVII. Younger Guys

Ava's POV:

Before we got into the limo, I pulled Trevon into a private area. "When did you and Seth get so close?" I ask.

"He's Mina's childhood friend."

"Yeah, but did you forget what he did to me?"

After some moment, Trevon's mouth widens. He smacks a fist above his palm, "Ah, yes. About that. Seth explained everything to Mina and me." He pats my shoulders, "You should go easy on him. The guy's parents think he's gay. I mean-" He got closer to me, "they even gave him gay porn. Like, think about how much of a nightmare he is living."

"Yes. Supportive parents are a nightmare," I said in a bland voice.

"Being supportive is one thing, but not understanding your child is another. They don't understand him. I know how it feels when your parents don't understand you!"

"Our parents understand you!"

"No, they don't! They always question why I never go out. Is it so hard for them to understand that I like being a potato for most of my weekends and after school? Maybe, even be a potato my whole life."

"That'll go down well with your future wife."

"Mina said she'll support me."

"Mina needs to go to the doctor."

"I'm going to be a professional gamer."

"You need to go to the doctor too."

"You don't believe me?"

"I don't believe in your skills. Eli, Ben, and Mina whoop your ass in games. And Mina started gaming a week ago."

He points a finger at me, "We agree never to speak of that moment. She got lucky."

"Settle for a 9-5, bro."

"Seth believes in me." He did mind wash him! Even Mina doesn't believe in Trevon's ability to make a living out of his gaming skills.

I place my hands on his face. It's cold. "What kind of sick mind trick did that guy play on you?"

He removes my hands, "Seth is not that bad. He's a good guy. Get to know him, and you'll see it."

I roll my eyes, "Please."

"That's the same response you gave me when I told you my friends aren't that bad, but see where we are now." He circles me and heads toward the limo while shrugging his shoulder.

"Stop it. You look weird."

He walks backward, "I may look weird, but I'm not wrong."

I watch as Seth converse with Mina and Trevon. When did the three of them get so close, and how did I overlook it? Then again, I've been avoiding Seth as if he's a walking disease.

His eyes met mine, and he winked.

I scoffed and looked away. My chin settled on my palm, and I looked outside. Everyone is immersed in their own conversation and the feeling of not belonging returns.

Seth settled beside me, "Hey."

"What do you want?" I didn't look at him.

"And here I thought you would be happy to see me."

I glanced at him, "And what makes you believe that?"

Seth leaned back and crossed one leg above the other, "Well, I am the only one here who understands your situation."

I smile, "Then you must understand that I'm not interested in this conversation any longer."

He slides in closer, and I move until I hit a barrier. "Is it that difficult to simply be in the same place as me?"