Epilogue: Same Team

Ava's POV:

Everyone began cruising to their classroom, leaving me alone in my thoughts. Exhaling, a deep breath, I dial in the code. With a single tug, I open the locker to find four cupcakes inside along with a white pearl bracelet.

I knew it. I should've changed my locker combination.

He crossed his arms and leaned against the locker. "So, are you going to do it? Are you going to take him back?"

I stayed quiet.

"You can't fly by watching others, but you also can't fly with other's wings," he said.

"You know, I've always thought it was weird," I said, turning my body towards him. "How you're able to know everything so easily. How you know exactly where to show up. How you know exactly how to push my buttons."

He smirked, "Oh?" He swayed his head against the locker. His hair gently swift to the side, revealing his mischievous eyes. His hand motion upward, and he slammed the locker shut.

Standing inside the empty hallway, our eyes ceased to waiver. Before I can take another breath, he swayed his body around and pinned me against the lockers. Arms above my head, a leg between my own. Planting a hand firmly beside my ear, his head tilted downward until it met my face, "And how exactly do I push your button?"

That infuriating grin on his face was much more bothersome than I anticipated. I should've known. "We're on the same team here, Makee," he whispered deviously.

He took another step, body pressed against mine. I can feel the intense beating inside his chest, the truth anxious to come to light.

There was a part of me that had always assumed, always knew. I resented a handful of people around me, those who I felt like wronged me. However, I tried my best to push those people back, telling myself that they haven't done anything. I concluded that they are two completely different people with the same face.

That's the reason why my sanity is still intact.

But, I can't help but still find everyone annoying, but him. This guy had always irked me despite not doing anything...not yet...not in this life.

And as I stood there, with my sweaty fingers curled. My eyes were pinned onto him, just like the past—this never-ending unjustified battle between us.

If this was a story, the readers can't oppose the destructive relationship between us. He had always been the silent knight behind the glorified main character while I was the wicked villain, stealing the handsome male lead's attention.

Even standing on opposite ends of the spectrum.

We had one thing in common.

We will always be the ones who are left behind.

"So, just when are you going to tell me you're also from the future, Carillo?"