III. All Yours Ladies

Ava's POV:

He backed away and stared at me blankly.

"I'm serious! I died in a car accident, went to Heaven, and an Angel kicked me out of Heaven!"

"Now, that I believe," he said, before walking away.

"So, you believe me?" I screamed.

He waves a single hand at me, waving off the truth. I knew he wouldn't believe it.

I turned towards mom and dad, "I love you so very much! I want you both to know!"

They glanced at each other," Uhhh...We love you too!" Mom said, then turned towards dad, fingers rolling in a circular motion against her temple.

Dad shook his head and pointed at his forehead, probably suggesting I hit my head a bit too hard this morning.

While getting into the car, I blew them kisses. Trevon shook his head, "Wow. You must have hit your head hard," he mumbled and drove us to school. In the past, I would've called one of my so-called friends and rode to school with them, but I find that unnecessary.

"I'm just feeling good that's all," I said, ready to conquer the world.

Sitting there, my eyes snapped towards the gas station with the lottery ticket. "I should've paid more attention to the lotto number!" I hit my head.

Trevon lifted a brow, "It's not like you're old enough to buy one."

"Oh, right... I'm only sixteen." I laugh, "I'm sixteen!" I squealed, then started throwing my fists in the air. I flip down the mirror and look at myself, seeing absolute beauty.

Trevon eyed me and decided not to speak any further until we reached school, "Remember not to speak to me," he said.

In the past, I would've wholeheartedly agreed since Trevon is considered the school geek, but not this time!

I leaped out of school, and as Trevon walked towards his little geeky friends, I threw out a hand, "I love you so very much, my cute twin brother!" I shouted, causing the conversations around the area to halt.

Trevon turned out, face turning pale. Quickly, he threw a hand over his face and raced towards his friends.

"Trevon! I love you so much! Let's hang out after school!" I screamed proudly, "And I promise! I'll keep you away from your future cheating whore of a wife!"

He held his backpack over his face and pretended not to know me.

I smiled in accomplishment and walked towards my assigned locker for the past two years. With my head held high, I walked into the double doors, not missing the apparent stares. I'm not surprised that they are staring at me; after all, I look like a hobo - a very comfortable hobo.

I've always wanted to dress like this to school.

"Oh.My.Gosh."

That voice - that very unforgettable voice.

I turned around to see the three so-called best friends I had since I entered high school: Winnie, Mary, and Sarah.

"What the actual fuck, Av?" Winnie's horrified chocolate eyes went from my head to toe, then back up.

The three of them stood there with matching tight tops, short skirts, and wedges. Their hairs were tied up into a high ponytail and makeup pumped onto their faces attempting to look like women instead of teenage girls.

Why did I ever want to grow up again?

"Like it? I thought of wearing something different for the new year," I said, smiling at them as I continued searching for my locker.

What can I say?

It's been like twenty years.

Mary smiled, "I like it."

"Shut up, Mar. We don't like it," Winnie said, waving her perfectly manicured fingernails on her face as Mary frowned while Sarah nods like she always does.

Releasing a deep sigh, I was happy to find my locker.

Touching the knob, I stood there.

Again, it's been twenty years.

"You guys don't happen to know my code, right?" I asked.

"01.04.03," they all said simultaneously.

Ah, right. The day Luke and I fucked.

I am changing that.

Rolling the lock back and forth, I mindlessly listen to Winnie chitter chat about my fashion choice, "Look, if you need clothes, babe. I got spares because seriously, you cannot go around looking like that!"

"Like what?" I replied emotionlessly, remembering why I don't miss her after high school.

"Like a fucking beggar!" she whispered.

Opening the locker, I bit my tongue, "I appreciate your concern Wen, but -" I stopped talking when I saw a photo of Luke and me. "Oh, gosh," I whispered.

Luke still looks like Luke, except younger and happy.

I stood there, gazing into the wondrous forest eyes that hide behind the light brown hair. Biting my inner cheek, I held back the urge to punch his youthful freckled face knowing I would hurt my knuckles.

Winnie tugged an elbow to my waist, "You're so lucky to have Luke Parker on your beck and call. He is so hot," she sighed.

I gave her an overly sweet smile, knowing Winnie had wanted to get into Luke's pants ever since freshman year. I hate to admit it, but the boy had this mystical charm about him, "Want him?"

"Don't fuck with me, Av," she said, knowing that my social status is higher than her to the point that I can legitimately ruin her high school life.

"I'm not. Go for him," I responded, throwing my lunch into the locker.

"Is this a test?" she whispered. Sarah and Mary glanced at each other.

"No, not a test," I said in a severe tone, "Any of you. Take him, please."

"Really?" Sarah tucked her light red hair behind her ear, attempting to hide her smile with the polka dot binder.

I tore off the photo hanging against the metal frame, "Seriously," I tore it up then threw it inside the nearby trash can. "All yours ladies. Tell the whole school - no the whole damn world - Luke Parker is a free man."

During my freshman year, I somehow grew a massive pair of balls and told all the girls that Luke belongs to me. I threaten to destroy their social status if they go against my words.

I did destroy a few girls.

I need to figure out who, so I can apologize.

Heaven! Here I come!

"Are you okay?" Mary asked.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You keep staring at the ceiling and smiling...very creepily."

I closed the locker. "Let's just say, I have a new outlook with life," I responded.

"Oh.My.Gosh! It's Luke Par-" Before Winnie could finish, I ran down the hallway like my ass was on fire getting far far away from Luke.

You can kiss my ass Parker - not literally, of course.