XXX. Sudden Turn of Events

Ava's POV:

Somehow it seems like another problem arrives before the previous one is solved.

I chew on the straw, sucking in whatever left of the empty cup. Eli took the drink from me, "I think you torture it enough." He threw it into the trashcan.

"Why don't you two wait in here," Trevon said. "I'll bring the car around."

I look out the massive glass doors only to see the frosted window. It doesn't seem like a bad idea to stay inside.

"I'll come with you," Eli said.

Once Mina and I were alone, we found a place to settle down.

Mina fiddle with her fingers, "I'm going to tell him tonight."

I stuff my hands into the pockets, "Oh. That's good."

She smiles, "So, um, you and Eli?"

My body jolts slightly, "Oh. Well, we're something."

"Something?" Mina tilts her head forward, and her bang sways to the side. "Then, what about that something in the theater?" There's a pinch of tease in her voice.

I clear my throat, "That's also...something."

"So, are you two like together now?"

"No," I said slowly.

There's a large pause before Mina said: "Come again?"

"We are in a...situationship." It does sound stupid.

"Situationship? What's that?"

I pour my hands into the coat pockets, "You know that grey area before relationship but after friendship."

A group of children passed us. "There's a term for that?"

"Yup."

"That's a weird term."

"That's a mutual feeling."

Mina smiles, "Well, whatever it is. I'm happy for you."

I shrug, "I mean, whatever happens, will happen."

"I'm...envious."

"Of what?"

"Of how calm you are," she said. "When I first dated Trevon, I was a mess." She looks at the carpet, "I did so many things I wasn't supposed to do, but somehow, it's cute to him."

"Because you're cute."

Immediately, Mina's face turns red. "W-What?"

"He likes you because you're cute."

She chips off her nails, "I see."

"But he stays because of your personality. He likes it."

Mina bit her lower lip, "Oh." She giggles, "I like his personality too."

I don't know why I told her that, but I already did. Mina continues to chew on her lip to fight the emerging smile. I do not want to know what's inside her head.

Eli rushed through the door and shook off the snow. He spots us in the corner, "Bad news. Snow in deep." It wasn't just us. There's a herd of people inside the movie theater.

"Everyone!" One of the workers shouted. "As you now know, we're snowed in. At the moment, we're waiting for a response from the police. Please, settle down and make yourself comfortable until further notice."

Upstairs and downstairs were scattered with people. Some suggested going to other places to stay warm while others decided to stay indoors. "There's a cafe nearby," Trevon said. "We can wait there."