XXXI. Late Night Munchies

Ava's POV:

All seven of us settle down at the table. There's a restaurant not too far from the mall and good for us, the restaurant is twenty four hours.

I would've a lot calmer - afterall, the situation has nothing to do with me - if Eli wasn't poking me on the thigh with a spoon.

Amid the silence, I screamed: "Stop it!" And slapped his spoon.

Everyone looks at me.

Seth's parents decide to drag Mina's dad out of his house. They went to several places, then the three of them end up at the mall. Mrs.Carrillo told us that Mr.Kenzie needs new clothes since he's been drowning in sorrow in his old clothes.

Mrs.Carrillo smiles, "Ava right?" Last time I met her, I left her son in the parking lot with bruised balls.

I smile, "That is right. It's nice to see you again Mrs.Carrillo."

Mrs.Carrillo grin, "You look prettier every time I see you." She sounds as creepy as her son.

"Thank you." I cut the converstation as short as I could. There's a reason why I don't talk to my neighbors.

Eli poke me with the end of his fork. I huff and breath and glare at him only to receive a smile in return.

"And who is this young man?" Mrs.Carrillo asks.

"Elijah Wood." Eli held out a hand. "Nice to meet you. I can see where Seth got his good looks from." I'm doubtful Eli thinks Seth is good looking. Don't get me wrong, Seth is good looking; but I don't think Eli thinks that way.

I'm certain if they were to interact more often, they would either be best friends or moral enemies.

She shake his hand, "Oh. If only Seth is as sweet as you."

Eli smiles widely, "Well, we all know Seth is a special kid."

Mrs.Carrillo giggle, "He sure is."

"Since when are you and Seth so close?" Trevon intervene.

"We're all friends, aren't we?" Eli replies.

"Dad," Mina's voice made its appearance. "I like your shirt." That's a random thing to say. But, from Mina's perspective, I guess she's happy to see her drown-in-sorrow father finally got out.

"I told you it looks good." Mr.Carrillo pat Mr.Kenzie's back.

"Please," Mrs.Carrillo threw her hair back. "The shirt I pick out is a thousand times better."

"Thank you," Mina said. "For taking my dad out."

Oh, they're taking him somewhere alright.

"Mina," Mr.Kenzie said.

The waitress save Mr.Kenzie from embarrassment by bringing the food. I chew on my straw as everyone interacted with one another. I glance at Eli who played with my fingers.

He seems bored.

Eli yawns then count the number of lines on my hand.

"What?!" Trevon suddenly stood up.

Wait.

What did I miss?

"What do you mean you're moving?!" Trevon screamed.

Mr.Carrillo and Mrs.Carrillo both stood up, "Yeah!" They screamed. "What do you mean you're moving?"

Eli scoot to the side and pull my chair towards him.

We stay quiet.

Mr.Kenzie scratches his head, "Wait. Did I not tell you two?"

"No!" Mrs.Carrillo burst out. "No you did not tell us! Hugo!"