XLIV. Typical Teenage Hang Out

Ava's POV:

"I'll come to pick you up after work?" Eli asked.

"Yeah." I kissed him before I left the car.

Once I closed the door, I watched as Eli drove away. Before I could make my way towards the front door, the garage door rolled upward, and Mr.Nocella walked out.

He saw me and smiled, "Hey there, Miss Makee. You're here just in time." He looked inside the garage, "Boys! Get your stuff! Ava is here!"

Today, with Mr. Nocella's permission, I'm taking Miles and Zach to the game arcade.

He smiled, "How are you today, Miss Makee?"

I smiled in return, "Good. Thank you for asking." My eyes went towards the lawnmower, "Lawn work today?"

He looked back and inhaled a sharp breath, "Someone gotta do it." He patted the lawnmower. "And we both know-" his eyes move towards the door.

"Ava!" Miles and Zach rushed towards me. Immediately, they pounced against my waist.

Miles turned his head, "Are you working on the lawn, dad? Wait for Zach and me. When we're done with the arcade. We'll come back and help you!"

Anyone who witnesses this scene would melt into a puddle.

"No. No. You boys go have fun with Ava." He messes up their hair, "I appreciate the thoughts, though."

Any father would love their sons to help them with the down and dirty works around the house.

Any father except Mr.Nocella.

I've witnessed Miles and Zach helped Mr.Nocella with gardening. They create more of a mess than actual clean up.

I duck down, "Remember when I told you two about dad alone time?" I whispered.

Mr.Nocella took that as a hint and turned his head. He took out his phone and pretended to message someone.

"Dad is just like Zach and me. He needs alone time to recover," Miles said.

I nodded, "Exactly." I lean in closer to their ears, "The gardening is just an excuse because he's too embarrassed to ask for alone time."

Miles shook his head, "You're right, Ava. He's still growing."

"Now, why don't you two take your stuff, and I'll meet you at the car."

Miles and Zach raised their arms, screamed, and then raced towards the car.

Mr.Nocella tucked away his phone. "I don't even want to know what Miles says earlier about me still growing." He took out his car keys, "Drive-"

I grabbed it from his hand, "Slow. Yes. Yes. Slow and steady win the race."

He crossed his arms, "You're getting bolder nowadays, Miss Makee."

I chuckled, "I'll take that as a compliment. The boys will be home at 4."

He nods, "Thank you."

One step after another, I made my way towards Mr. Nocella's car. When I got closer, I helped Miles and Zach with their seatbelts.

Mr.Nocella leaned against the car door in the backseat, "Listen to Ava boys and no running about without telling her."

"Got it," they replied.

"Love you," he said.

Miles and Zach looked at each other before they groaned.

"Miles. Zach," I said.