LIV. Part of my Persona

Ava's POV:

Watching Trevon and Mina walking down the hall hand in hand is something I didn't see coming. An action that will, in no doubt, grant me a migraine each night.

"Dude. That loser is eating your leftover," someone said. I turn my head to see Luke staring at Trevon and Mina.

I guess he also didn't see this coming either.

His eyes skewed towards me, and with that, our eyes locked momentarily. Without responding to whoever said that line, he walked away.

"Good morning Av!" Mina chirped as I tried my best not to focus on their linked hands.

"Hi," I said slowly. "So, you two are together?"

Their faces turned red, but the smiles were still present. Trevon and Mina didn't respond to me; instead, they fidget back and forth. They would take glances at one another, then look away, repeat. I'm glad I decided to have a light breakfast.

Eli and Ben leap out of nowhere, "Trevon and Mina sitting in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G." They began making kissing noises.

Mina squealed and covered her face with her hair. Trevon grumbled something before punching both Eli and Ben, but he was still smiling. There is a part of me that's happy for Trevon, but then there's also that other part that wants to strangle him. "Don't tease her like that," he would say.

"Oh, protective of your girlfriend already, eh?" Eli nudges Trevon's waist.

Mina puffed her cheeks, "I'll see you later, Tiger," she said, quickly planting a kiss on his cheek. I watch as Mina sprints towards the end of the hallway.

Tiger? Oh, fucker. This shit is deeper than I thought.

"Tiger?" Eli and Ben shouted and burst out laughing. Trevon groaned, planting his head against the lockers, but I know he likes it. I never thought I would feel so disgusted seeing my brother so happy.

"I'll see you later, Tiger," Eli growled, making a claw-like action with his hand.

"Oh, Tiger. Rawr! I love you!" Ben's voice pitched.

"Guys," Trevon warned them.

Eli and Ben made kissing noises at him again. Then, they burst out laughing while giving each other high fives.

The days blaze by; it seems that Trevon and Mina's relationship didn't phase anyone. After all, they aren't considered well-known individuals at school. Trevon was known as my less cool twin brother, and Mina was the new transfer student who got played by the school jocks.

Well, I can't say no one is affected. The first person is me. I didn't particularly feel anything extreme towards their relationship except slight discomfort and low key disgusted. It seems like Mina is eating lunch with us from now on, and Trevon is taking her home.

The second person may be Luke. He wasn't present in the cafeteria during lunch. From what I saw this morning, he doesn't seem to be taking it well.

There is a third person, but I haven't seen him the whole day. So, I can't say much for Seth.

"Passing by me without a hi?" I look up from the snack machine to see Seth leaning against the wall in his jersey. After cheer practice, I got hungry, so I decided to grab a bag of chips.

I press the buttons. I didn't even realize I passed by him. Seth got this type of aura that somehow blended in with the crowd, "Hi," I said, bending down to grab the bag.

"How are you?" He asked.

"Good?"

He smiles, "Need a ride home?"