XXVIII. Don't Push Me

Ava's POV:

I sip on my soda as Mina fumble around the school.

She slammed her head against the lockers.

I had to pull her by the hood to make sure she doesn't hit any more lockers.

She tripped on the stairs.

I slap a bandage on her knee.

She threw up in the bathroom toilet.

I held up her hair.

This is not how I plan on spending my week - correction weeks.

Mina somehow made every excuse in the book to avoid talking to Trevon about her moving to a different town.

Then, its Friday night.

"Yeah. Of course." Mina laughs robotically at something Trevon said. When she pulled the door open, she somehow hit her stomach.

"You okay?" Trevon asks.

I sip on the hot chocolate.

Mina smile, "Nothing I can't handle, Tiger."

Well, for me, I can't handle that nickname.

I got in the back of the car with Mina. Eli, Trevon, Mina, and I decided to watch a movie. I glanced at Mina who fidget with her sweaty fingers. We talked earlier at the house and I decided that tonight will be the night she would tell him. Yes, I decided that. If I let her decide when then he'll only know when he watches her pack and moves away.

When we got to the movie, Eli and Trevon went to the gaming section since there's a bit of time left before the movie starts.

I stare at the duo laughing and slapping each other in front of me. "You look like you're about to pass out," I said.

Mina smiles, "Is it obvious?"

"It's obvious that Trevon knows something is going on." Everyone does, but they choose not to question it.

Mina bit her lower lip, "I tried," she said. "But, whenever I look at him. My heart feels like its about to break." Mina blinks several times to hold back the tears. She looks at me, "I love Trevon."

I stop sipping on the soda and stare at her. "What?" I must be hearing wrong.

Mina swallows, "I love Trevon."

I place the cup down, "Mina-"

"I know what you're going to say. How I'm still young and I don't know what love is. I had the talk with my dad." I cannot believe she told her dad that she loves her boyfriend. She fidgets in her seat, "But, God, Av. I don't know how to explain it."

Then, don't.

She turns toward me, "Whenever I see your brother." She places a hand on her chest, "My heart-"

I place a palm in the air, "Stop." I couldn't listen to it any further. "I understand. No need for any explanation."

She smile softly, kicking her legs back and forth. "And I'm afraid that with this distance. He'll forget about me and find someone better."

If I didn't put the cup down, it would've been all over the floor. I cannot believe what I'm hearing. "You're serious."

"Trevon is your brother so you don't see it." Mina exhale softly, "But your brother is sweet, loving, and he respect me. Whatever decision I decide to make, he's so supportive and when I'm about to make a stupid decision. He's always there to stop me. Always there to hol-"

"Enough," I said. "I understand." It feels weird listening to this - makes me have goosebumps.

Her hair falls in front of her face. I noticed how there's are darker bags, not as much as the past, but it's still present. She must be losing sleep over this.