L. Freak Out

Ava's POV:

Lyah smiles, "Hello, everyone."

Everyone greets Lyah a good morning.

Lyah made eye contact with me, "Hey there, Ava."

She does not look like someone who got dumped. "Hey."

Lyah turned her head toward Trevon, "Why are you standing over there?" she asked. "Come here."

Now, what is going on here?

Trevon forced out a smile, "I think I'll stay over here."

There's a brief silence between all of us before Lyah says: "Trevon, darling, don't make me repeat it. Not here. Not in front of everyone." Even though her voice sounds sweet, her face doesn't match her tone.

One by one, people backed away from the dangerous circle. Some of them attempted to come up with excuses, while others slowly moved away. Far enough where they won't be caught in the fire, but close enough where they can hear the hottest news.

"Oh, look at the time. We need to get to c-class," Ben tried to sound brave.

Winnie laughs, "No, you don't." She grabbed his shirt and pulled him back, "The bell hasn't rung, so you don't have to walk me to my class yet."

"Maybe we should go," Mary mumbles.

Winnie shakes her head, "You and Ben can go." Winnie glances at Ben, "Go, Ben." Winnie rarely uses Ben's name nowadays, and when she does, it's a low-key threat. It means you better not move a damn inch.

Ben exhales sharply, "I'll stay."

"Only if you want to," Winnie chirps.

"Can you all please be quiet," Lyah says. "I'm trying to talk to Trevon here."

Typically, Winnie would bark back, but during these types of situations and her anger towards Trevon, she said: "Okay."

Lyah twisted her head towards Trevon, "Trevon. Come."

"Hey," I intervened, "My brother isn't a dog. He comes waddle towards you all because you say so."

"He isn't a dog, but he is my-"

"He's not your boyfriend either."

Lyah's eyes twitch slightly, "What?"

I look at Trevon and tilt my head towards Lyah. I may want Trevon to live a good life, but there's no way I'll handle everything for him.

"We're not together anymore so stop bothering me." After Trevon say that line, he grabbed me and pulled me in front of him. I look up at him. "What?" he asked.

"Trevon," Lyah hissed, "Not now."

Trevon inhales a sharp breath before he pushes me aside. Do I look like a puppet who can be pushed around? If this wasn't a delicate situation, I would've smacked Trevon's head.

"Yes," Trevon says. "Now."

While Trevon stuttered about his breakup with Lyah, I stayed quiet. In the backseat of the ride, I observed both of them. Trevon is an utter mess where most of the words that came out of his mouth didn't make sense. Lyah, on the other hand, was quiet and calm.

Her nails dig into her palms.

Lyah kept her eyes on Trevon, and her cheeks grew hollow. Her chin trembled and her nails only went deeper.

"Trevon," I said. "That's enough."

Trevon didn't stop. Instead, he kept going. Deeper and deeper until it dives into Lyah's personality. Her treatment of him. Her possible treatment of her past lovers. Reasons why they decided to leave her.