XL. Cemented Road

Ava's POV:

I cannot believe what I'm seeing.

Down the hallway, through the large double doors, Trevon was hooking arms with Lyah.

Luxury Lyah.

Luckless Lyah.

Lyah with the last name, I don't know.

He strut down the hallway in a large, overly expensive jacket and brand new shoes.

Last Saturday, Trevon came back home late - surprisingly - then went to sleep. Sunday, he ignored me. Then, Monday morning, he left early. I didn't expect him to meet up with Lyah.

They stop in front of us.

Winnie squeals, "I love your look Trev!" Her hands hover around Trevon's outfit. "Where did you get that necklace?"

Trevon never wears a necklace.

Lyah cuddles into Trevon's arm, "I made it for my boo."

"Boo?" Winnie asks. "You two are together?" She wasn't the only one that's shocked.

"Yes!" Lyah confirmed. She rests a hand on her chest, "And thank you for setting us up." Lyah looks at Trevon, "We're so happy together."

The look on Trevon's face says otherwise.

"Lyah," I said. "Mind if I talk to your boyfriend alone?"

Lyah smiles, "I do mind. Trevon is supposed to walk me to my class."

I ran my tongue across my cheek, "Then, let me rephrase this. I want to talk to my brother alone." So, fuck off.

The edge of Lyah's lips twitched. She released Trevon's arm and took a bold step towards me. "Oh?"

"Yeah. Oh."

Now, I know why I don't recall Lyah. During high school, Lyah and I rarely cross paths. We're both well known in school, but for different reasons. Different interests. And people with different interests avoid crossing paths.

Lyah nods, "Alright. Have fun talking." She kisses Trevon's cheek before she leaves.

I grab Trevon's arm and drag him away from the hallway. When we're in an isolated area, I turn around and give him the nastiest look I could muster up. "What is up?"

He seemingly shrinks back, "What?"

"I asked: What is up?"

"Like what's going on?"

"Why are you dating Lyah?"

"Why not? Isn't this what you all wanted? For me to get over Min-"

I place a finger in the air, "I don't recall being a part of whatever this is."

"What? You don't like it?"

"Excuse me?"

"You don't like me dating someone popular?"

Somehow, he made me utterly speechless. "What?"

"I mean, Lyah is way out of my league, right? That's why she's going to leave me in the middle of our date? Well, sucks to you. Lyah says I'm funny, and she wants me as a boyfriend. So, yeah. I'm not as much of a loser as you think."

"When have I ever called you a loser?"

"It was implied!"

I place two hands in the air, "Luckless Lyah. That's her nickname. Do you want to know why she has that nickname?"

"It's because she sucks the luck out of her boyfriends."

"If you knew-"

"Lyah isn't someone everyone thinks she is."