XII. Walking Volcano

Ava's POV:

I couldn't help but stare at Luke, who frustratingly ran his finger through his locks, distributing it in many different locations while he inhales and exhales with brute force.

"Are...Are you jealous?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.

His cheeks grew red, and he took a step back. He laughs, very tensely as his tongue caress across his lip, "O-Of course not. Why would I be jealous of that little loser?" He scoffs, puffing his chest in a futile attempt to express his manliness despite growing facial hair not too long ago.

My laughter quickly fills the room as I cover my eyes with my hand, "Oh, of course, not. The oh-so-great Parker will never be jealous of anyone." My voice was dripping with sarcasm, remembering how Luke had always upheld an egotistic, better-than-you attitude.

Slowly, my laughter dies off, and I sigh, removing my hand to meet his confused face. His brows deeply inched together, showing off wrinkles that shouldn't appear until years later while his lips form a straight line.

"What do you want with me, Parker?" I ask, tired of playing this game for the second time.

I thought that if I decrease my level of interaction with Luke, then my future would change.

I want it to change.

I don't want to become a slut.

I don't want to be the villain.

I don't want to cry at night over someone who doesn't love me.

I don't want to be a disappointment in both my parents' and brother's eyes.

Before I knew what had occurred, Luke had his arms wrap around me. "I'm... I'm sorry... Don't cry," he whispered, slowly patting my back.

The tears were dripping down uncontrollably despite my protest to keep it in. I sniff, hearing the raging beats inside his chest as a low whimper escapes my trembling lips. "I don't want to be the bad guy."

Luke held me tighter, "You're not the bad guy."

He's wrong.

Sniffling and trembling in his arms, I cried my heart out. This is my second chance; I shouldn't be sad. I should be happy, ecstatic that I can start over.

All I had to do was avoid Luke Parker.

Yet, here we are.

In the same room as we were in the past. A past that I wish never existed.

The only difference is I'm still in my clothes. Luke always had his clothes on whenever he fucked me.

"What did I do wrong?" he whispers more to himself.

I shook my head and pushed him away, wiping off the tears. Straightening my spine, I inhale a deep breath. "Park- Luke. I don't want this type of relationship with you anymore," I said, inhaling through my stuffy red nose.

I bit my trembling lower lip, "I-I want someone who will love me, not someone who finds me because they want a quick itch scratching."

That's all I was to everyone - a quick fuck.

"You're cute and all Ava, but I'm not into you that way."

"You're not girlfriend material, you know?"

"Sorry, but I don't purchase used items."

"Why are you still here? It's morning already."

"Why are you upset? We both know that there is nothing between us. We agree to scratch each other's itches. That's all. Remember?"

I close my eyes and open them, feeling the unwanted beating inside my chest once more as I gaze into his deep forest eyes. Quickly, I averted my sight, "Please, leave me alone."