LII. Reunion

Ava's POV:

"Ava?" I look over to see Eli with a bag. My eyes skew behind him to see Mary, and I grip tightly on the jacket.

Eli took a step towards Logan and bent his knees. "Logan? Holy crap, did you drink?"

Logan smiled then laughed, "No! No!" He waved a hand in the air, "Okay, maybe a little bit." He stops laughing.

Oh lord, he's drunk. That explains the sudden change in attitude.

Eli turns off the motorcycle, "You are in no condition to drive," he attempts to carry Logan, who got a few inches above him off the bike. Instantly, Mary rushed towards them and helped Eli while I tried to piece things together.

"Come on, man!" Logan slaps his shoulder. "I'm about to score with the hottie over there." He grinned at me.

"That hottie is in high school."

Logan's eyes widened, and he gasped dramatically, "You are in high school? Why didn't you tell me! You honey dick me!"

My brows furrow, and I step back. Eli and Mary stumble their way back inside the house. "Honey dicker! Honey dicker!" Logan screamed while pointing at me.

"She honey dick me!" Logan cried on Eli's shoulder.

Eli nodded, and I can tell he was trying his best not to punch Logan's face. "Yes. Yes. She honey dick you. She's a bad girl. Bad girl," he said while looking at me. "Mind opening the door, honey dicker?"

I nodded and opened the front door while they dragged Logan inside the house. I was feeling offended, but the confusion was much too high. Quickly, they rush him upstairs, attempting not to gather a broad span of attention from the guests.

They threw him onto the bed and heaved a breath. "M, mind watching him?" She nodded, pulling up a trash can and a chair beside him. "I'll go find some meds."

I walk out of the bedroom with Eli, "What's going on?"

He opened the cabinet and began looking through the medications. "Well, my brother, like yours, is extremely lightweight. Unlike yours, he doesn't show it until someone put him in the spotlight."

My eyes narrowed, seeing numerous bottles, "This house sure has a lot of medications."

Eli's body stiffened at my words, and he motions over a bit, blocking my view of the cabinet. "What do you expect? My brother is a doctor." He grabbed a bottle of pills, "Got it."

Eli walked back towards the bedroom, and I followed, "You're really familiar with this house."

He turns around and smiles but didn't stop. "Well, this is my home," he said, walking into the room while I stop in the middle of the hallway.

Earlier, when I entered the house, I didn't greet many people; instead excused myself to the bathroom and hid in there. So, I didn't have a chance to meet the hosts. Then, I sat in the corner of the room and became part of the furniture.

Analyzing the walls, I realized there were photos of a boy who looked like Eli when he was younger. "That's me," Eli said. "Cute, huh."

"Ehhh," I responded, not admitting he was a cute child.

A high pitched bark caught my attention, and I turned around to see Baby running towards us. Eli went on a single knee and opened his palms. Baby made a turn and began licking my ankles. I smiled and held him.

"Wow. So, this is what betrayal feels like." Eli glared at Baby, "I rescued you from the pound, and you go to her? How rude!"

My foolish smile only widens when Baby licks my face. Eli growled slowly before grabbing Baby. "Don't you touch my woman! You want to fight! Huh! Huh!" He placed Baby down and rolled up his sleeves, "Let's do this!" He held two fists in the air and began leaping from left to right to warm up.