XXXIV. Experience the Love

Ava's POV:

I watched as Trevon embraced Mina at the airport.

I stuffed my hands into my jacket and released a yawn. At this early hour, the airport is still as quiet as ever. The people move with ease, eager to get their morning coffees. The floors are clean and white, still hasn't been stepped on by humanity.

Times like this, Mr.Kenzie would've separated them, but he didn't.

"Hugo-" Mrs.Carrillo reaches for him, but he takes a few steps back. The relationship between them had been rocky ever since Mrs.Carrillo declared that Mina might not be his real daughter.

After that incident, Mina and her dad got into a massive fight. In the end, they went to the hospital for a test to settle the matter.

They are related.

Mrs.Carrillo's hands drop, and she looks down.

"Hugo. Whitney-"

"I'll tell you two when I land, alright?" Mr.Kenzie intervened. He clearly doesn't want to talk about the situation.

"Mr.Kenzie," Trevon said. "Mind if I talk to Mina alone?"

"Sure."

Trevon grabbed Mina's hand and led her to the other side of the airport. One by one, people passed by, and everything became a blur. The words fell out of Trevon's words, and I could see the distress. The blood drained from Mina's face.

"How sad," Seth said. He blew a bubble and popped it. He looks at me, "Don't you think so?"

I glance at him, "Aren't you going to give Mina a heartbreaking goodbye?"

"I already did that enough times. Eventually, we'll see each other again." He smiles, "And if I go over there and interrupt the heartbreaking scene, wouldn't I be the bad guy?"

I turn my head to witness the deadly scene. His eyes were warm, but his face was immobile. Maybe, this is it. He's out of tears. Steadily, he grabs the couple bracelet and slides it off. Trevon curled Mina's fingers over it.

I bet she's trying to understand the words he told her but couldn't. They stood up together, and locked eyes, the perfect distance for kissing.

Instead of kissing, Trevon embraced her closely once more and whispered bittersweet words into her ears.

"Sometimes, it's hard to believe the both of you are related," Seth said.

My eyes flicker towards Eli, who was talking to Mary and Ben. His eyes met mine, and he smiled softly. "Yeah."

"I heard you two are going out."

"Something like that."

"My advice?"

"No one asks."

There's a mist of silence between us. "You're going to regret it."

My eyes flicker towards him, "I believe we talked about this."

Seth folds his arms, "You know where I am when you need my support."

"Noted." I walk away from Seth and towards the group.

Soon, it was departure time, and one by one, we all said goodbye to Mina.

"Av." Her voice cracked. Mina swallows and rubs her red eyes, "Can we talk? Just for a little bit?"

I nod, "Sure."

Mina and I settled on the bench. "I want to thank you," she said.

There's this odd feeling inside my chest. A strange warm feeling. "For what?"