XLIII. Mary Jane Jenson

Ava's POV:

I'm not saying I don't like Mary Jane Jensen.

"Shut up E!" Mary playfully punches Eli's arms.

"I'm serious!" Eli replied before rubbing my arm softly.

But, I'm not saying I'm too fond of her interaction with my boyfriend.

If it were several months ago, I wouldn't say anything. Because a few months ago, Eli and I weren't in a relationship. But, now we are. And which girl would be okay when her boyfriend and friend would outrightly flirt in front of them?

I'm not saying Eli can't have female friends. I've met his other friends before. Girls from chess club. Girls from band class. Girls from the comic club. Random girls he somehow knows.

Hell.

Winnie is a girl.

Shelbie is a girl.

Zoey is a girl.

I've even met his ex-girlfriends.

I've met all the girls surrounding him, and I was alright with them.

Then, there's Mary.

Before I even figured out my feelings for Eli, there's this unsettling emotion I've always felt whenever I see them interact.

I know their somewhat childhood friends, and it's not unusual for them to play around, but I don't exactly feel comfortable with it. I shouldn't feel that way, but I do.

"What wrong?" Eli whispers into my ear.

I turn my head to see him too close to me. "Nothing."

He rubs my arm slightly, "Something is wrong. You're zoning out."

"Just got alot on my mind." Such as how to work through this sudden jealousy.

Eli took a step behind me and rested his chin against my shoulder. I can feel it. Someone is watching. My eyes flicker around to see everyone immerse in their own conversation. Eli kissed my neck lightly before he whispered: "Wanna go somewhere and talk?"

I smile, "You just want to make out."

He chuckles, "Guilty."

In the corner of my eyes, I caught Mary looking at us. Any bypasser would think she's immersed into the conversation with Winnie and Trevon, but I know she isn't.

"Sure," I replied. I smile sweetly, "Wanna go now?"

Eli squeals, "Yes!" He grabbed my hand, "Av and I have to do something. We'll see you all later."

Before school.

Lunch.

After school.

And every break in between classes.

Those are Eli's favorite parts of the day.

At the edge of the football field, I bend down to reach for my toes. Then, it arrived - the itch. I scratched my neck, "What is it?"

Shelbie leans inward and her eyes narrow, "Are you dating a boy or a bloodsucker?"

"What?"

She pulled out her cell phone and turned on the camera, "Your neck is covered with hickies. It's crazy."

I grabbed her phone and exhaled softly, "I told him not to do it too much." I threw the phone back at her.

Right now, we're at cheer practice.

"Sup Av." Winnie's eyes narrow, "Got bug bites, eh."

I pull out my makeup bag, "Something like that." I grabbed the foundation.