L. Unexplored Territory

Ava's POV:

It felt like I was jumping out of one shark tank to another. It was inescapable, all these sudden problems rising and no solutions to follow it. I believe that if I simply avoid specific issues develop in the future, everything will be okay.

Then, I realized that not knowing the future is much more horrifying.

With the acceptance of my harboring emotions for Elijah Wood.

The peace treaty with Luke Parker, which isn't a bad thing.

The awkward developing friendship with Mina Kenzie, which is something I'm still on edge about.

Then, there is the collapsed friendship with Winnie Liu.

Everything was unexplored territory.

Every day is a new surprise.

And with new outcomes, such as getting into a fight with Landon's gang, a new reputation comes.

"Did you fucking hear? Ava Makee beat the crap out of Landon! I heard he's in the hospital!"

"I heard Ava was in the woods being, you know, gang bang."

"I heard he was dealing her drugs. A slut and a druggie. Who knew?"

"Come on, why are you guys talking shit? Landon and Ava haven't been in terms for weeks. She probably whoops his asshole of an ass. I stand by that."

"Do you want to go to the movies with me this weekend?" Mina confessed...in the school hallway.

What the actual fuck.

The developing friend-ship sank, like the Titanic.

Trevon drops the apple in his mouth, and it rolls to the floor. He looked over his shoulder while I stood there, stunned.

It's Monday, a week after the Fall Festival. A week of peace. I should've known it was the calm after the storm.

"S-Sure."

Mina smiled, "Cool," she said, wrapping her thumbs around the loop of her backpack. "I'll see you at the front after school?"

He returns her smile and nods, "Okay."

She giggled and turned towards me, "I'll see you in class, Av," she said casually as if she didn't confess to my brother in front of me. I watch as Mina walks away.

The headache that fades seemingly returns.

This is not happening.

"Dude!" Eli screamed, giving Trevon a bro shake.

"Mina asked you out! Good for you," Ben said and began doing a happy dance, causing my heart to drop. He playfully punches Trevon with his good arm.

His smile dropped when Winnie walked down the hallway in her elegant self.

"Hey, I heard Winnie broke up with that loser," one of the guys whispered. "You think I got a chance?"

"She probably cursed you and your future children," another guy said, and they all laughed. "Everyone knows Winnie is a fucking bitch. You sure you want to jump into that pothole?"

Ben frowned, "She's not a bitch," he grumbled.

The guy heard him and turned around, "Got something to say, loser?"

"Yo! Isn't that the guy Winnie dated?"

The hallway went quiet, and Winnie stopped walking with the two girls behind her.

Ben huffed a deep breath, "I said, she's not a bitch." He was much louder this time around.

The guy looked over at me, and I offered him a nasty glare, daring him to do what he's thinking. He sneered and walked away, knowing I'll ruin the rest of his high school life if I wanted to.