XIV. Predictable

Ava's POV:

"Did you hear what happened at Luke's party? Luke got into a fight with Seth!"

"Fuck! I missed that? Damn pops and his fishing trips! What happened?"

Predictable.

"Luke and Seth were fighting over a girl!"

"Ava Makee?!"

Irrelevant.

"Her? No! She wasn't even at the party!"

"What? Ava Makee wasn't at a party?!"

Astonished.

"What's wrong with her not being at a party?"

"Ava Makee and Luke Parker are like fucking inseparable! That's what's wrong!"

Inaccurate.

"Anyways, I heard they were fighting over this girl that just transfer here."

"What? Over a transfer girl? Is she pretty?"

Fortunate.

"I don't know, but I heard -"

"Luke Parker got beat up?!"

Agitation.

I stop walking, turning my wedges towards the lockers as the students continue gossiping about what had occurred last weekend. The news between Luke, Seth, and the mystery girl - Mina - was the current hottest gossip.

Each person felt something different towards the news, some excited to see the outcome while others were bland towards it.

With earphones plug in both ends, I bob my head towards the beats as everyone continues talking.

"Oh, tell me...oh yea oh yeah, ah yea ah yeah," I began singing the lyrics to myself.

A few would glance at me, half wondering why I wasn't present.

"Oh, text me...oh yea oh yeah, oh yea oh yea."

The other half wonder why I haven't rushed towards Luke to mend his wounds.

Whenever Luke got into a fight, I was always the first to know. For years, I would fidget over him and ensure he receives everything he need even when he doesn't return my feelings.

I knew that Luke doesn't need me to lick his wounds. He almost always got a few scratches, but I babied him even when he stubbed his toe.

Looking back now, I want to stab my old self with a fork.

How stupid can you be Ava Makee?

In no doubt, the spotlight was not on me, but the mystery girl who held the hands two of the hottest males in high school. Realistically, there are more hot males at school, but the limelights always shine on those who do outrageous things. The mystery girl this week is the hottest news, but what about next week?

Who knows.

Just kidding, I do or faintly do.

In the end, I am definite that I don't give a single crap.

What I do care about is how to get a job with my parent's approval. Between keeping up my grades and cheer practices, I barely get enough time to breathe.

A tap on my shoulder caught my attention. I peek through my brown hair to see Winnie, Mary, and Sarah. Rudely, Winnie took off my earphones while I put my books away, "Yes?" I sang, giving myself a mental high five for getting an A on my last exam. Yes, I'm still mentally celebrating it.