LVII. So Sweet

Ava's POV:

And as if the timing couldn't be worse, Eli had to be standing diagonally behind Seth.

How did he get in here?

And he brought flowers.

Great.

Fantastic.

Excellent.

"Hey, how-"

"I would like it if you leave," Eli interrupted Seth's greeting.

"It's not what you think. I-"

"-was advising my girlfriend to break up with me?" Eli step closer to Seth, "I'm going to ask you one more time," he said slowly, "I would like it if you leave."

I don't disagree with what Eli said. I'd also like Seth to leave before a situation blows up.

"I don't think I can," Seth responded.

Eli drop the flowers and grabbed Seth's shirt, "You-"

"Hey!" I interrupted, "If you guys are going to fight over me, let me have some say in this."

They look at me.

"Eli, let go of Seth."

"He-"

"Let go of Seth." There was no room for debate or protest, and right now, I can't have that.

Eli pushed Seth back, and he stumbled lightly.

"Seth. I need you to leave."

"Can't-"

"What do you mean can't?"

"I'm not going to leave."

"She asked you to"

"Eli-" I interrupted, "Can I please-" I made some hand movements to get my point across. And my point is, don't you fucking dare interrupt me again or I'll send you both home.

"This is my house," I told Seth, "And I would like it if you leave."

Seth ground his molars lightly before he nods, "Alright," he says. "But, if anything happens, just scream."

Eli let out a scoff.

The both of us watches as Seth made his way back into the house. I wouldn't be surprised if he spot one of my parents and told them of the situation outside. Despite my dislike toward Seth, I do have an understanding that he's the type who can't stand by and watches others bleed.

Once Seth was gone, I turned towards Eli and waited for him to speak.

He didn't.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" I asked.

"You told me to step back earlier," he pouted.

"Eli-" my eyes cast to the bundle of flowers. I went down and grab them, "Is this for me?"

"No, it was for Seth," he said sarcastically, "I drove all the way here with flowers to apologize to Seth for accusing him of wanting to be with you."

"You're upset."

"No, I'm not." He places out his hand, "Now if you excuse me, I have to go say sorry. Flowers please."

"Eli."

"What?"

"I'm not going to give you the flower just so you can go beat Seth with it." I wouldn't pass that idea. I sat down, "Come here."

Hesitantly, Eli sat beside me.

After some time to think and stupid enough, Seth's comments earlier, I realize we did blow the whole thing out of proportion. We were fighting over our discomfort toward opposite sex. We didn't even have any evidence either of us cheating.