VIII. Bear Hug

Ava's POV:

One black heel in front of another, I walked down the hallway - listening to the low clicking of the heels along with whispers. Throwing my dark brown hair behind my ear, the gum inside my mouth smack against the molars. I tilted the dark sunglasses up to the bridge of my nose, feeling the tightening of the dark torn jean with each step. I said I've always wanted to try dressing as a hobo and mission accomplished.

It doesn't mean I won't go back to style. Of course, I ditch the woman wanna-be clothes, and I adapted something more sophisticated with a slight cleavage - daddy approved - shirt and long jeans to show off my wonderous legs.

"Do you have to walk me to my locker every day?" Trevon asked, shoulders slumping, looking as if he wanted to disappear. Even if he does, I'll pull him back to my side.

I smiled, showing off every pearl, "Yes." My body tilted back, "I'm not bothering anyone, right?"

"No ma'am," Eli replied, showing off a cheeky smile.

"Oh, no. We need more females in our group," Ben smiled, drooling over me once more.

After some time, I hugged Trevon tightly. "I love you," I whispered into his ear. "Remember that."

His hands were still on the side as he grunted loudly about my over-the-bridge affection. Turning my body, Ben spread his arms. I smiled, patting his shoulder. His hand grazed over it. "You touch me," he sighed. I need to teach that boy a thing called - confidence.

Glancing at Eli - he smiled - like always, "See you around."

"Bye," I replied, walking towards my locker.

Rolling my sunglasses over my head, the whispers refused to stop. It's been a few days since Luke and I had spoken, which I'm entirely grateful for.

Trevon doesn't question why I kept sitting with him and his friends anymore - so, yay!

My eyes drape towards my old crew, who was staring broadly at me - which includes Luke.

Sarah approached me, "You...What did you do to your hair?" She asked, running her fingers down my dark locks.

I smiled, "I decided to go back to my old roots." I laughed, slapping my thigh, "Get it?" I stopped laughing when I realized no one was humored except that one guy in the corner.

Had he always been a part of this group?

My eyes met his brown ones that seemingly darken when he scrunched it together. "I get it...Good one," he replied, holding out a fist. I smiled and bumped the dude I never even knew existed.

"Winnie is going to flip when she sees you," Sarah said, urgently pulling me away from the stranger.

Mary smiled, "I like it."

"What the fuck." I turned around to see Winnie. "What did you do with your fabulous hair?"

I tucked my hair back, "Well-"

She gasped, "You got piercings?" She tilted towards my ear to see an extra pair of piercings.

Everyone stared at me. "Yup," I responded. "Not the only place I got pierced." I wink.

My parents flipped when I went home and showed them all of my new piercing - ears and belly. They told me I was grounded, one week per new hole, which meant three weeks.

In conclusion, I'm not allowed to go anywhere for three weeks.

No parties.

No friends.

Nothing.

This means I can avoid everything and everyone after school without making up crappy excuses like - I need to wash my hair.