XXXVIII. Luckless Lyah

Ava's POV:

I guess sleeping with the guy means we're officially a couple.

Well, we didn't sexually sleep together, but my lips are swollen from all the kissing. I swore, at one point, I thought Eli was trying to eat me.

Everything went smoothly except mom caught Eli trying to sneak out. It wasn't that bad. Until Trevon saw him too. Trevon was kind enough to pretend that he invited Eli over for breakfast, and mom went along. Of course, everything comes with a price.

I have to do everyone's laundry for the week.

That was mom's punishment.

And, I have to scoop the snow for the week.

That was Trevon's punishment.

"Scoop faster!" Trevon screamed.

Eli sniffed and pulled his scarf up, "I'm trying! Your shovel sucks!"

Okay, not me.

Then, it's Monday.

Tuesday.

Wednesday.

Eli pressed me further into the wall before he kissed me again. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and find myself accepting all his advances. The jacket slips off my shoulder. Steadily, he moves his fingers underneath my shirt and into my bareback. I back away and lift a brow. He would only smile mischievously in return before he tilts his head towards me for another round.

Eli said his favorite pastime used to be GameBoys. Now, it's making out with his girlfriend in the vacant part of the school.

My phone buzzes, and I reach for it. When I tilt my head, Eli makes his way down my neck. I clear my throat, "What's up?"

I can feel him sucking near my collarbone.

"I know you're making out with the dork somewhere in the school," Winnie said.

Eli stops sucking and chuckles slowly.

"But we have an urgent dilemma."

"What's the problem?" I ask. Eli stood up straight and looked at me. I ran my finger across his plump lips. We've been making out since the beginning of lunch, around ten minutes ago.

"Well, do you remember how I said I'd help your brother with another girl?"

I pull my jacket up, "Yeah?"

"There seems to be a wee problem."

"Wee problem?" Winnie has been hanging out with Ben for far too long.

"You'll see once you're in the cafeteria."

When the phone call ends, Eli and I rush towards the cafeteria. I burst the door open, only to find two girls bickering with Trevon in the middle. With Winnie's help, Trevon cleans up well. He may even pass as decent. He's my brother. I won't have any thoughts after that. It's gross.

"Who is it going to be?" one of the girls said.

"Choose? Are you forcing him to choose? What a bitch ass thing to do! He's broken-hearted!" the other one said.

Winnie, Mary, and Ben rush towards me.

"What happened?" I ask.

Immediately, Winnie explained to me the problem. She set Trevon up with one of the girls while Mary set him up with the other one. With luck, both of them had the same pronounced name - Liah and Lyah. Both of them also happen to be in Trevon's biology class. So, they thought they were talking about the same girl the whole time.