XV. Homewrecker

Ava's POV:

Mr.Nocella isn't a bad man.

I learn a lot about him in the nurse's office bed and the bedroom. One thing I realize from all the shit in the past is that people open up with a pillow underneath their head and a white ceiling above them. Mr.Nocella is a very endearing father and husband. He likes to take his sons out for baseball games. He is very particular about his body, despite having an excellent one. He enjoys cooking breakfast for his cheating wife. Mrs.Nocella is a bitch for cheating on him.

But, she is still better than me.

I'm the one who ruined his life a year from now. He ends up in jail for having sexual relations with a minor. We got caught by the school nurse, Mrs.Nash.

I stood up and walked towards the board without a single complaint. Grabbing the marker, I began scribbling numbers on it. Placing the cap back on, I walk back to my desk.

The whole class was quiet.

Mr.Nocella coughs, covering his mouth with a fist. "E-Excellent." His cheeks turned pink, and my lip tilted upward. He always does that when he's embarrassed.

When the class bell rang, I continued sitting there debating on whether I should tell him. Despite our messy past, Mr.Nocella is one of the few men who are kind towards me. Yes, we slept together, but he never asked me to leave the hotel room when we finished. He would order me room service and offer to take me home. Of course, he dropped me off two or three blocks away, but it was nice, nonetheless.

The best moments are when we would lay in bed together, without sexual pleasures, and talk. He would tell me the small things he did during the week, and I would tell him what I did.

There is a part of me that wished I could've loved him, and he would reciprocate the feeling.

The only problem with us was that there were never any sparks.

We were both broken.

We accepted each other's broken parts.

However, we couldn't accept our own.

I stayed in a delusional attachment with Luke.

Mr.Nocella stayed in a loveless marriage with his wife.

If society labeled me at that moment, it would be - homewrecker.

But, when I entered the game, there wasn't a home to wreck.

"Miss Makee, is there a reason you're disturbing my break time?" he asked, pulling out his lunch bag.

I continue sitting there, staring at him as my emotions whirl into an uncontrollable spiral. He opened his lunchbox and began eating, dismissing my presence.

"Mr.Nocella," I would say, while he pulled out a book and continued eating. He had always been like this. If he is on his break, no one shall disturb him. "Would you fuck me?"

He chokes on his sandwich.

I watch as he hurriedly grabs the water bottle and chugs it down. Once he finishes, he wipes his lip and glances at me. "Do not ever say that again."

I tilt my head, "Is that a yes?"

"It's a definite no. I will never touch my students." If only he knew how much of a liar he is right now.

"Hm," I responded vaguely while he did what I expected. He covers his fake cough with his fist and looks away, pretending our short conversation did not occur.

"Mr.Nocella...Did you know there is a sale at Pearl Plant this weekend?" I question, and his brows furrow, "I heard that's what all women like nowadays, pearls."